ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Yes, those will work so long as you've got the room in the engine compartment. They're arguably preferable to individual sock filters as the base plate allows the filter to stand off from the trumpets a bit which helps the airflow around them. I think the best option would be to fabricate a plenum with a cold air feed through a standard filter element.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm not sure if this will fit your set up, but it is for TWM Miata ITRBs.

http://sccaforums.com/forums/1/230954/ShowThread.aspx#230954

TWM Intake Airbox, lightweight fiberglass. Allows use of a cone filter with throttle bodies. $100

The seller is a multi-time national champion autocrosser.

I'm sure the one he's selling is cut for the particular throttles that he is selling. It's a good deal b/c they are $275 new from TWM.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
K&N makes some, should be able to look for any DCOE 40 (i think) dual filter and it'll more or less fit. I need to grab one at NAPA and see how it fits. they had a couple on the rack but i dumbed up and didn't grab them :?

the biggest thing is to make sure the filter is tall enough. Might wanna take in one of the air horns to make sure it won't get snuffed out when the filter goes on.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Tim & Foo-I didn't know that you guys like that style filter box.I can get those from Japan. I'll see if it will work w/ Miata IRTB's. ECU grad, Did you ever recieve your screen filters?

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure if this will fit your set up, but it is for TWM Miata ITRBs.

http://sccaforums.com/forums/1/230954/ShowThread.aspx#230954

TWM Intake Airbox, lightweight fiberglass. Allows use of a cone filter with throttle bodies. $100

The seller is a multi-time national champion autocrosser.

I'm sure the one he's selling is cut for the particular throttles that he is selling. It's a good deal b/c they are $275 new from TWM.
I have talked with Andy about the airbox. It is a great deal but would force me to re-route my IAC block and hoses. It has holes cut on what appear to be DCOE pattern, the studs for the horns are in the wrong place, but could be re-drilled.

The Pipercross filter I posted comes in different depths. There is one with a 65 mm interior which should leave 15mm open space around the horn.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the biggest thing is to make sure the filter is tall enough. Might wanna take in one of the air horns to make sure it won't get snuffed out when the filter goes on.
See that's the problem I keep running into. None of the stuff I find will play nice with the horns.

Someone posted a link to some Lynx filters and the distributor told me they absolutely wont work with horns.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The airbox is a good deal. A new "adapter" plate could be made for mounting to the TB's. However, does anyone know if the box would clear the washer bottle on non-ABS cars? I am still waiting on my kit so can only go by pictures. Chuck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The airbox is a good deal. A new "adapter" plate could be made for mounting to the TB's. However, does anyone know if the box would clear the washer bottle on non-ABS cars? I am still waiting on my kit so can only go by pictures. Chuck
From my measurements it will clear the ABS and should clear the washer bottle (I have ABS). It will be tight.

My problem was where the filter mounted is currently occupied by my IAC. Im too lazy to move it.

I just ordered the K&N's, I'll post a result when I get 'em.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Yeah, they've been tossed around as an option as well. I think one of the best options in terms of simplicity, cost, size, and ease of installation/removal is the ITG flat panel filter. It's the same shape as the domed filters, but it just lays flat across the air horns. It's like the JC40/50 on ITG's site, but I can't seem to find that exact model. Maybe it's just a modified version of it to sit flat, I don't know.

And echoing fasthappy, any luck with the DCOE filters ecugrad?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was researching filter options for short (38mm) trumpets and discovered this thread.

ecugrad, any results to report? or new insight?

mark

1 - 20 of 22 Posts