ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So I installed my IRTBs over a month ago, and since then my personal and work lives have been insane and I still haven't gotten it back on the road. The only IRTB realted problem (I was waiting for a new cat for 4 weeks!!! :( ) is that its running really rich. Like driving around the block three times was enough to make the bumper black. Jimmy, continuing his excellent customer service, sent me the missing Fuel Pressure Gauge. So my question is, what fuel pressure should I be running?

I'm finally going to get around to installing it and my cat and everything tonight to get her back on the road!!!

Thanks in Advance!

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong- but you're running the stock ECU with a piggyback, right?

If you're using the stock ECU and stock sized injectors, then your fuel pressure should also be stock. ie. ~40psi w/ vac hose pulled off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes to the stock ecu/injectors with piggyback.

40psi cool, thanks for the info!

·
4,438 Posts
Yes and the nature of all IRTBs is that it will run rich - Jimmy and I haad a short discussion on this and with the proper ECU that you can build your own fuel maps, you can lean it out a bit - I did this one my F-con as my caar was running VERY rich - by leaninng it out a bit, I cleaned up the emisssions as well - but you will need an ECU to do this.

I aalso know fo a way to install a pot (see image below) on your temp sensor and you can adjust the mixture from there by fooling the ECU but not recommended.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I've had enough small issues that I think I'm going to go either with something from Jimmy, MegaSquirt or maybe a E-Manage if I can get more info on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts