1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jenvey, but this confirms what I've gleaned around the forums. I know the performance gains are not particularly good in the street range of driving, but I'm intrigued with the gushing about throttle response. Think I'll write this one off as newbie pipe dreaming.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had very streetable ITBs capable of daily driver reliability and mid-range performance on my Toyota 4A-GE 20V blacktops.
If you're not seeing performance in the rev range you want you can always change the runner length or play with cam timing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgive my ignorance, but aren't the Aizawas a bit like finding unicorns? You said you don't see much torque bump, what are the performance gains you are getting?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yup they are a unicorn, but you can build something similar - the jenvey kit is good. T3 manifold and silvertop/blacktop manifold. bike throttle body kits.. all good.

The throttle response and mid-range / noise are improved. That mid-corner throttle-response becomes immediate.

Over a more standard daily driver you can expect a slight drop in mpg and a large increase in induction noise.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts