ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i was wondering if you could help an aussie brother out????? please????

im looking for some advice to assist with the install of my jenvy irtbs (think i was the only aussie in the gb).

whats did you guys do for vacuume??? im paranoid about not having enough vac for my brakes in my daily driven nb8a (99 model, RIGHT HAND DRIVE), does a bigger vac block volume = more vacuume??? eg a 500ml sizes block give more/better vac than say a coke can sized block?????

im guessing i need something with atleast 6-8 ports (1 for each trumpet so 4, 1 for my ecu, a BIG one for the breakes, 1 for the fuel reg, vac guage (some say uesless but atleast i know how much i suck :p)) or maybe join 2 smaller ones together???

ive been told im going to struggle regardless for vac as i have quite lumpy cams etc. how true/accuate is this statement??

ive been doing lots of reading on here and looking at all the photo's but still cannot figure it out.

any advice (or pictures etc) will be appreciated as im a bit of a novice with this sort of thing.

cheers from the land down under.

ben

·
Registered
205 Posts
You are not alone. devski on this board is also in the midst of installing the Jenvey kit and from the land down under too!

Hmm...I can't say for sure what is the vacuum block I am running but it is not the Golden Eagle one mentioned here but that seems to work and it is not that large.

My ITB Miata is also a RHD and daily driven and so far I have no issues with the brakes, per normal to me.

What cams and ECU are you running? Also do you plan on putting in an IAC?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've already answered most of these questions on the australian forum. As for the lumpy cams vacuum issue I dont think you will have a problem with any streetable cams. If you were running spastic race cams maybe but you should be fine.

I know you are worried about the brake booster... You are just going to have to try your brakes at low speed. You will still have enough braking power to stop a slow moving car without the brake booster and if all else fails rip the handbrake.

I dont see you having any issues as the brake booster would have its own adequate reservoir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts