ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NC is showing it's potential and we would like to make a IRTB kit for it. We are a little bit closer now since I learned that we can use OER TB's with a different Throttle Linkage than the DCOE type rod. Actually we can use the Corolla style Throttle Linkage if we have to. Can't share all of the technical details but wanted to get the word out that we will someday have a NC kit. Thanks to our S2000 IRTB kit and OER's experience with IRTB's & Carburetors we are a step closer.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Sounds sexcellent. I saw a white NC today and it was calling my name. I imagine a 210hp NC with IRTBs and a piggyback computer would be fun. The oem computer would still control the Sequential Valve Timing, IAC, etc. but there could be some additional augmentation or minor adjustment of those functions using the piggyback.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would you do for Engine Management since the BP-ZE is such a pain the NC is Variable Valved as well isn't it?
I would imagine a wire & play MicroTech,MOTEC or the the AEM Fuel/IG. controller may work. We'll have to see. Like freedomgli says the HP/Torque is there. With Throttle Response both of you guys can only imagine the potential since you know firsthand what IRTB Throttle Response really feels like. The piggyback will probably still have hesitation below 3K but a stand alone will eliminate that..

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What would you do for Engine Management since the BP-ZE is such a pain the NC is Variable Valved as well isn't it?
Can't the Hydra that FM uses control VVT? I'm sure there are other systems that can control it.

I'd love to see some IRTBs on Ron Bauer's CSP MX-5! =D>
Scary indeed! I need to get in touch with Dan Pedroza and see what he is planning on because even though he is from Texas I'd love to see him get a jacket!!! Thomas I have some info for you and I will give you a call tonight since I'm out the door now.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
4,436 Posts
Sounds sexcellent. I saw a white NC today and it was calling my name. I imagine a 210hp NC with IRTBs and a piggyback computer would be fun. The oem computer would still control the Sequential Valve Timing, IAC, etc. but there could be some additional augmentation or minor adjustment of those functions using the piggyback.
Kyle - you and I saw the same one! Marble White NC with IRTBs is what I would do.

Jimmy I have yet to see anything yet in Japan for the NC - I am sure someone will develop something soon.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
From what I hear you can't remove all 4 NC wheels at one time, I wouldn't risk getting IRTBs.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kyle - you and I saw the same one! Marble White NC with IRTBs is what I would do.

Jimmy I have yet to see anything yet in Japan for the NC - I am sure someone will develop something soon.
On the NC I hope to be along with Japan & Europe and not be behind on this one. I invested heavily with the S2000 IRTB and it is paying off now and by the end of this year we will be recognized more in the HONDA world. Basically what I am saying is that I will be able to invest in the NC IRTB kit now so it will happen. Cosworth rocks but we are hoping to have a affordable IRTB kit and not just top end HP. Those that want to win championships will no doubt take risks and go with IRTB's. As more are finding about what IRTB's do they will take that risk even on a NC. And many many Thanks to my Miata customers that have bought our IRTB kits because without you all this would not happen.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 2.3l engine is stock here in Australia for the Mazda 6 and an option on the Mazda 3. http://www.mazda.com.au We don't get the V6 available in the US for the Mazda 6 so they plonk a 2.3l stretch of the MZR into the car, the same one as standard in the US.

There should be no real reason it could not go into an NC.

Now a NC with IRTBs, bumpier cams and lighter flywheel would certainly get my attention! =D>

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 2.3l engine is stock here in Australia for the Mazda 6 and an option on the Mazda 3. http://www.mazda.com.au We don't get the V6 available in the US for the Mazda 6 so they plonk a 2.3l stretch of the MZR into the car, the same one as standard in the US.

There should be no real reason it could not go into an NC.

Now a NC with IRTBs, bumpier cams and lighter flywheel would certainly get my attention! =D>
The 2.3L swap has already been done in a NC in Japan so we know that it can be done. We have shown what IRTB's do on stock internals on the NA and we know what IRTB's can do with cams. The NC has potential even with it's current motor but the 2.3L would be nice.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Yes, the NC has throttle by wire. Rather than trying to figure out how to reprogram the throttle maps I'd look into a mechanical solution that somehow utilizes the stock throttle body stepper motor to actuate the linkage. I don't know what it's torque capacity is or what exactly would be needed to adapt it to IRTB.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts