ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've ordered the boss frog harness bar to go with my boss frog clearview and behold the holes didn't line up at all so i had to drill and enlarge a larger hole.

then just today i recieved my racing beat strut tower brace to install the racing beat intake and guess what... i can't put a nut on to secure the mount because the nut hits the wall...

so i guess i'm not going to order any more parts for a while because i still have the flyin miata sway bars to install and the AWR heavy duty front mounts so i'm really not looking forward to the installs.

hope all goes well and i'll snap some pictures to let you guys see what i mean.

·
3,857 Posts
In general these thing are expected... but I feel your pain...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm expecting slight kinks that i can fix with a hammer, but any thing more tell me that its a poor design, poor QA, or just not enough R&D done before putting it out in the market.

·
Now in a White Club
1,232 Posts
i feel ya. I just got a moss oil relocater, and had to redo the threads on the part that your oil filter screws onto. I basically dropped my exhaust guides when i first installed my bosal header and ended up burning oil so much my car looked like it was a plane w/ smoke trails. I always expect the worse when I work on my car, as something will always go wrong, its never a simple install.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
funny thing is that i've never had this much problem with my wrx and the miata has been around a lot longer so i would think more R&D has been done.

here are some pictures to show what i mean.

first nut that bolted just fine

trouble nut, or plate i should say.

after grinding and filing i finally got it on and secured, but not without any damage to the powder coat.

also, do you guys know what these are?

·
Registered
498 Posts
mileage and hard driving will twist the body. I know alot of people have issues installing rollbars in higher mile miata cause the bar was built for a straight car where the avg car is twisted aleast alittle.

BTW drifting will twist the car some.... btw I am not looking forward to install my HD rollbar cause after about a year of drifting, I know its not going to line up perfectly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info. i took out my fog lights so i guess i can take out that relay.

good thing i installed the roll bar before i started drifting then.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
I had bolt holes that would not line up for my hard dog when the car was only 40k miles old.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, i'll see how my sway bar install goes tomorrow.
NO MORE SCHOOL, until next week... hopefully i can get things done before summer school starts.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright, so todays install of Flyin Miata sway bars, front and rear, plus AWR heavy duty mounts, and lastly whiteline end-links too me a total of 7.5 hours.

i would definitly recommend the awr heavy duty mounts because after taking off the stock mounts, i've noticed how flimsy they are.

some tips i've learned from today:

AWR heavy duty mounts, they suggested to chizzle the spot welds off from the outside and inside of the stock mount bracket, but i have found an easier way. you still have to drill out the spot welds, but all you have to do is chizel the inside spot weld because you have more room, but after that all you have to do is bare down on one end and twist the bracket off.

here are some pictures of the heavy duty mounts on my car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no, because once i got going i forgot about the camera. its just so hard to stop once you get going.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
with the endlinks on i have seen an improved response in the steering.
testing on box canyon yesterday there is a noticeable difference of a lot more neutral character. no more understeer so that is good.
next saturday i have an autoX practice day so i can really dial it in there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts