ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to put Mazdaspeed pedals on a stock NA without doing any conversions?

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Sure is! :D
No modification needed at all. Just be patient with 'em...the rubber that holds them in place (wraps around the metal on brake & clutch) isn't very malleable.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I thought the dead pedal from an NB is needed on an NA for the MS set to work.

Can someone confirm this?

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Well, a matched dead pedal comes with the set. I wouldn't say it's really needed unless the end user just wants that matched set look. Mine's still in the box as I didn't feel like whipping out the suggested self-tapping screws at the time. One of our local guys snagged a stock dead pedal from, I believe, a '01 model to use with the MS pedal covers.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
does anyone have a picture of these pedals in an NA? My pedals are all screwed up, so this has me thinking. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
you're in luck...
just installed these last night, haven't decide if i want to used the dead pedal yet.
word of advice...spray some lube on the clutch and brake pedals when installing, they were a bi*ch to put on.

benjamin

M

·
0 Posts
bww1980 said:
spray some lube on the clutch and brake pedals when installing, they were a bi*ch to put on.
Wait: those are stretchy rubber, not metal?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, I'm confused about the need to spray lubricant on something that bolts on...
FYI, only the gas pedal bolts on to the original gas pedal. the brake and clutch pedal are replacements of the original (which means that you have to take the old one's out to put the MS one's on).

hope that clarifies some things.

benjamin

·
Registered
125 Posts
Anybody have pics of the back of the pedal covers not installed?
it looks like the back of the original rubber pedals. but i don't have any pictures, and i don't want to take them out to take pictures, too much work.

i have the picture instructions at home, i will try to scan them for you.
EDIT: here are the instructions as promised...

benjamin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts