ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not getting the stance i like in the rear suspention i have tokico blue shocks w. adjustable coilovers. i have them as low as they will go but there is still a larg gap, in the front i have tokico blues with drop springs. the front sits very nice but the rear is just too high for my taste. is it safe to cut a coil off of the coilovers in the rear?

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
It depends on how much travel you have before the shock bottoms out and/or you come into contact with the bump stop. Being that you still have alot of gap I think you'd probably be safe to cut 1 coil off but pictures/height measurements of the car and the coil would help. And it's only going to handle like ****, if the spring is unseated considerably at full droop, if the shock bottoms out, or you come into contact with the bump stop.

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
have you ever considered fat cats modified NB tophats? lower the car an additional half and inch

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
i think that depends on what your application is. For instance I think (i might be wrong) that with tein basics you don't need anything extra than the OEM NB mounts and hardware

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
if you have adjustable coilovers, you can get shorter, heavier spirngs for the rear. measure the spring's inner diameter and find out what their ratting is (in # or kg) and goto a circle track shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts