ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not getting the stance i like in the rear suspention i have tokico blue shocks w. adjustable coilovers. i have them as low as they will go but there is still a larg gap, in the front i have tokico blues with drop springs. the front sits very nice but the rear is just too high for my taste. is it safe to cut a coil off of the coilovers in the rear?

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
It depends on how much travel you have before the shock bottoms out and/or you come into contact with the bump stop. Being that you still have alot of gap I think you'd probably be safe to cut 1 coil off but pictures/height measurements of the car and the coil would help. And it's only going to handle like ****, if the spring is unseated considerably at full droop, if the shock bottoms out, or you come into contact with the bump stop.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,042 Posts
And it's only going to handle like ****, if the spring is unseated considerably at full droop, if the shock bottoms out, or you come into contact with the bump stop.
Which, considering the amount of available travel, is quite likely.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
i think that depends on what your application is. For instance I think (i might be wrong) that with tein basics you don't need anything extra than the OEM NB mounts and hardware

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
if you have adjustable coilovers, you can get shorter, heavier spirngs for the rear. measure the spring's inner diameter and find out what their ratting is (in # or kg) and goto a circle track shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts