ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm in a hunt for a blown na and I found a 92 with a blown head gasket. Here's the good stuff, automatic transmission :stressed:, needs a paint job in the future , has a small hit on the passenger door, car won't start, the top needs to be changed, and..... It has 150k miles. The owner is asking 1100. Is that a fair price ? Should I go for it? By the way I have a 99 nb donor, engine/tranny etc.:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
A non-running car? Lots of people are grateful just to get rid of them. Offer $500 and see if he bites.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
If that's the white one on craigs, You can get it for cheaper than that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I really can't understand the point of buying a miata and getting an AT... especially on forums, if your on here chances are you'll be putting parts in the car.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
He will be swapping his tranny from his NB over.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot guys, it is the white one on craigs. I have a complete nb just sitting there so I have everything to do the swap but the owner is asking a bit to much and he wont let it go. I'll wait a week and throw in another offer.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
That guy has been sitting on it for a while I would wait or get the one in west palm that's going for $1350. It's running.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
West palm ? I'll check it out. I saw the blue one in Hollywood but the guy is crazy asking 1800 and it doesn't run neither

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Not running with a bad top and body damage for 1100? HELL NO, that guy is insane.

If you can't, or just don't plain don't want to do the top yourself, thats like $600 alone for a cheap top at a shop. Another motor, again assume you can't do it yourself, that's another $1,000. What on earth makes that guy think anyone would pay $2700 , and do all that work, just to make his car worth purchase?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Try that red one for $1250 in west palm its been for sale for over 6 months just needs paint badly. I was thinking of picking up that white one too but that guy is asking way too much. There is actually a 99 shell on craigslist here it is. Guy is asking way too much, but again its been for sale for a while so I'm sure he'll lower quite a bit and let him keep those ugly wheels.
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/2829190899.html

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Try that red one for $1250 in west palm its been for sale for over 6 months just needs paint badly. I was thinking of picking up that white one too but that guy is asking way too much. There is actually a 99 shell on craigslist here it is. Guy is asking way too much, but again its been for sale for a while so I'm sure he'll lower quite a bit and let him keep those ugly wheels.
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/2829190899.html

I checked out the red one yesterday and I would have taken it but it had a lot of rust.... Ithat nb would be perfect but my budget is kind of low right now. I'm going to wait another week and offer the guy with the white na again

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So that's why the red one has been for sale for like 6 or 7 months. It's a rust bucket! Lol. At this point that white car may be your best bet and he definitely won't be selling it soon at that price. Although I have a NA shell you can have suppa cheap but it's completely stripped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts