ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
yeah....some people think since the majority of buyers of these cars are middle-aged that they can charge a premium.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Its clean.. but not 20k clean... BTW is that custom work done on the door panels.. i have never seen any like that??

·
Registered
563 Posts
Super clean car but couldn't you buy one new in 1994 for cheaper than that?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You'd expect some additional stuff.....maybe some extra hp for that kind of coin.

Not even a frickin' hardtop? #-o

I mean, it IS a nice clean, low mileage NA, but really......get a clue!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Price new has nothing to do with it really.
Its all about market value...and that car isnt priced anywhere near market value. Hes asking 3 times market. Its called fishing for suckers. ;)

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
How the hell is that last one "Certified Pre-Owned" Mazda doesnt certify vehicles over five years old... let alone 17 or so... Buyer is fulla ****. Price i think may be reasonable for only 3k miles however.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Id have no intrest in buying a car that old with 3300 miles, Its a machine and its meant to be used. Id prefer a Miata with 100k on it. Thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
514 Posts
^^ I agree.. but thinking from a collectors perspective... i dont think thats Horrible.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Pricing and "true market value" are two different things. The "right" price is the one that a willing buyer and seller successfully negotiate to complete the transaction. What I think really doesn't matter since it's unlikely the seller and myself will see eye to eye on this particular example. Personally, I think it's priced too high but it isn't my car to sell.

The best rationale I've heard so far is perhaps the guy's wife is "making" him sell it but he doesn't want to get rid of it so he prices it so high nobody in their right mind will buy it. "Gee, honey, I'm trying to sell the dang thing like you asked me to but no one wants to buy a small 'chick' car that's 13 years old."

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wow....I hope no one buys that thing. If it had a hardtop and about 10-15k miles, then they could possible ask for that much.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow....I hope no one buys that thing. If it had a hardtop and about 10-15k miles, then they could possible ask for that much.

Not even, hardtop is only worth $1000 the most, some may get more but on average im pretty sure its $1000. Also keep in mind that it isnt an r package nor an m edition, not even those would be worth that much, Car in my eyes isnt woth more than 8,000-10,000k and that might be too much.

·
1,213 Posts
no hardtop

no leather

no power windows

no $21000 !!!

I bought a 100% original 30k mile 1995 BRG NA8CE here in the uk last week for under £5000 ( $10000 ) as my new daily driver ... it has full leather in as new condition, interior is spotless and it also came with a mint condition heated factory hardtop full electrics, ABS, factory alarm/imobiliser and cd changer - and I think prices here in the UK are a tad higher than in the US !!?

agreed it would befinately have to be a sub 3k car and preferably a NA6 with the nicer dash to get anywhere near the optomistic asking price

1 - 20 of 41 Posts