ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my alternator belt has been slipping and squealing when its cold lately. So I picked up some belt conditioner to see if it salved the problem. I snugged up the belt a bit and I gave it a healthy dowsing, was watching the belt and I noticed it wobbles when you pick up rpm's off idle. Is this normal? or is this a faulty belt/system.

Sorry for the first 20 seconds or so, was trying to juggle the phone, flashlight and throttle.

click picture.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, belt looks good. Less than a year old. <5000 miles.

Sent from my super cool phone, using my thumbs.

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
Belt looks normal..but it sounds like hell..probably the bearing in the alternator on it's way out...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It didn't start to make that whine noise until I sprayed the conditioner on it....

hmmph. oh well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just put on new belts yesterday and have the same noise. I didnt have it before either. Between that and a possible throw out bearing noise I may just park the car and rebuild it all over winter. Its ok though I still got my Lamberfeeties and Chevrolegs. Ill let you know if I find out anything

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man. I drove it to work today, didn't notice the noise till I got there. Wasn't as loud. On the way home, no squealing and no noise. So idk. Maybe it was just re-seating the belt or something???

Sent from my super cool phone, using my thumbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts