ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well mine and a few of my friends are..rather than buying a used, also brittle one i am going to try to see if i can get something made. my dad works for a company that deals only in plastics and do cnc and vacuum molding and i was going to see if they could make me something but i would need a technical drawing or at least some good measurements from one that not busted. so if anyone knows where to find a drawing like this or can do one, that would be greatly appreciated. if this all works out i will try to get everything in order so i can do a group buy because i know im not the only one in the world that wants a good hood cowl that wont shatter when you sneeze on it.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Not to rain on your parade, but you can still buy them new. They're even affordable. I think my NA6 gauge hood was in the $80 range from Mazdacomp.

But if you need a good used one, why not ask Planet Miata or 2ndchanceRoadster?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh wow i didnt know you could still buy them. ive just only seen used ones and i dont want to replace a 18 year old brittle piece of plastic with another 18 year old piece of plastic and risk breaking it. yeah id rather buy one then deal with the hassle of making one. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts