ClubRoadster.net banner

isc front sway bar

5K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  modernbeat 
#1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my front sway does anyone have any input on it.? thank you

#6 ·
You wont find information on this site about that bar.

A. It is very expensive.
B. It is extremely stiff.
C. It a very track oriented bar. One that shouldn't really be considered unless you are running r-compounds and huge spring rates.

If you want to find info off to google you go. I would imagine SCCA forums should have some information.

iirc the ISC bars are popular in DP and EP miatas.

This bar is so stiff it will literally cause the suspension opposite of the one under load to compress if you are not running huge rates. Much to extreme for anything but a serious track car.

#8 ·
banana boy.

im sure it'll be ok on the lowest sitting. btw im rocking ohlins 9/7k dfv
isc bar is intended for track days ty

#12 ·
Not knocking your Ohlins, but a 9k rate is no where near the rates I am talking about. This bar is ran with 700lb-900lb springs. It's not just a stiff because of thickness, but because of it's splined design. I think it would way to drastic on a 504lb spring. Are you running 275 Hoosiers as well?

An overly huge sway bar is not a desirable thing.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=256914

"430-800lb/in"

That is really stiff for what you are running.

#14 ·
Racing Beat hollow is what you are looking for. 9/7k is very mild and the ISC bar is going to have you pulling hair trying to sort out understeer for a street car.

edit: looks like they are the same size as the 01-05 RB tubular BUT save yourself some money and get the RB with necessary reinforcements possibly even step down to the smaller early NB hollow

Emilio's 949 setup/alignment page doesn't even recommend going higher than a 1.125 in the front.

#17 · (Edited)
norman. good point but damn rb front sway setup with heavy duty mounts/bracket end links and so on is some where in the $450 ball park. thought i'll just get the isc setup and do it once since their bar has more adjustment.trying to get a hold of mike at isc guess their close

#18 ·
Here's some info that I remember...PM modernbeat for the exact info...this was a late night drinking chat...

the ISC bar on it's softest setting is about like the RB hollow bar. So IMO it's not a bad bar. I've run the RB hollow on every miata I have had from stock springs up to the 700/450 setup I have now.

The RB hollow bar is a good one to get...shave the bushings and get rid of the bind...but the ISC could work as well or better....just a lot of $$$ to find out for yourself ;)

#19 ·
The RB hollow bar is a good one to get...shave the bushings and get rid of the bind...but the ISC could work as well or better....just a lot of $$$ to find out for yourself ;)

that's what i said. ok close

#21 ·
i love how OP asks for input, and yet has already made up his mind about getting the ISC. just get your ISC bar and let us know how it goes :p

I got the RB with the reinforced mounts. Bro has the flyin miata. I like the RB with the reinforcements better, especially since it came with my car and I didn't have to spend extra cash on one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.