ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to give my review on ISC's since there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about them for the miata yet.

A little bit of information first. I currently run ISC coil overs on my 2002 SE and have for about 2 seasons now. I work for a shop that deals mainly with GTR's, Evo's, STI's and BRZ's. We run 2 dedicated time attack cars as well as maintain a few customer race cars. I have experience with both high end coil overs such as JRZ and Ohlins as well entry level products like ISC.

When I got my NB I looked into suspension options for a while and since I dealt closely with the guys at ISC I asked Andrew about doing a setup for the miata. They were more than happy to help, so they got me a prototype set to test out. My original setup from them was 7k/6k. The front cups on the original were too big and hit the spring so we swapped for smaller front cups. I drove around on this for about 2 months and at the end of the season Andrew informed me that they released a swift spring option. I opted to go that route and upgrade.

After the winter I installed the new setup which was 10k/7k with shorter front and rear shafts to allow for more adjustability and shorter rear springs as well. This setup was FAR better as the old setup was too soft especially in the front. The car has been driven on track by both our Time Attack driver and a customer who is a world challenge driver and former spec miata driver. Both were impressed with how balanced the car is especially on a budget suspension.

The car is driven both on the street and on track and it exceeds expectations for both. I am more than pleased with how well it performs for the price. It's no ohlins setup but it performs pretty damn well. There are a couple cons. One being it's not stainless, however I don't drive in the winter so this isn't a major concern. The second being the rear doesn't go low enough. I'm not into the whole "stance" fad, however I would rather not be sitting at the base of the cup. The rear height in the pictures is maxed out. Andrew is working on a solution for me so hopefully we figure it out this winter.

With all that said, for a budget setup I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this setup. ISC has been more than helpful with all the changes I've made and have gone out of their way to help. The setup has also performed beyond my expectations.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Copied from the other thread:

If I remove them, ISC has a shock dyno in house and can probably get numbers for my specific set.

This year saw a couple hundred laps at Thompson Speedway and about 10k miles on the street.

3.5" stroke, I haven't physically measured the droop travel however the car is outback so once I have a lift available I can grab you the actual distance, however I can tell you there is a noticeable drop compared to some coil overs. As for the top hats, not sure what you're looking for as a description. As for price, they're 855.00.

EDIT: forgot a couple things, Yes they have a bump stop in place and the spring lengths, I'm trying to find the invoice but as soon as I find it I will post it.

EDIT 2: Spring lengths are 6" front and rear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts