ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick dumb question. Anyone running "custom size" (larger than front: 1" rear: 1.5") ISC top hats? I'm planning on running na rokkors without helper springs and was wondering if I could add some more height to the top hat since there aren't gonna be any helpers. Anyone have experience?

Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just made a set for my car, 1.5" front 2" rear. Its probably going to be a little while before I do any driving on them tho. Ill post an update once my car is up and running again. The tophats are out for powdercoating right now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kouki what are you running for suspension? helpers, no helpers? I guess what I should of asked is how much does the helper spring actually compress, I want to add that onto the top hat, maybe more.
Thanks for the answers though guys really appreciate it.
Andy

·
Registered
324 Posts
No helpers and FK bumpstop kit, small clip on bumpstops to adjust height, they are set awfly low as of now. My tophats will be on hopefully by the end of the month

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Does any one know where to buy some boss top hats like the 2" + set? I want a set for xmas

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yes it was. I don't have a welding machine to build them and every where's I look have 1" front and 1.5" backs

·
Registered
645 Posts
Haha ya got me its Sunday I don't have my thinking cap on

·
Registered
645 Posts
When making the tophats do you have to cut the strut mount hole in the body bigger?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
When making the tophats do you have to cut the strut mount hole in the body bigger?
hopefully not. you made them too big if you do. Its possible though if you have a really large shock? I am pretty sure bilsteins will fit. measure the hole, if the diameter is not big enough then you need to consider problems that may come up from making the hole bigger?

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the rear i just barely had to tap the lip of the tophat opening with a hammer to clear the new tophat. I made mine a little larger in diameter than I had to (2.5") but that way it allowed me to run the body of the tophat thru my mounting plate and have a lip for the spring to be centered on rather than doing some ghetto glued on spring pad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts