ClubRoadster.net banner

181 - 200 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I've driven the car around some more now and must say I really love this exhaust. It's deep. No noticeable rasp at all when the car is warm and a really nice tone. It is a little louder than my old set up but nothing too crazy. It also shoots a flame occasionally during hard 2-3 shifts apparently :bouncin::rice:

As promised here's a video of the exhaust. Starts out with a warm start, some neighborhood cruising (mostly 25-30mph in 3rd gear), a couple of pulls, and then some 60mph cruising. If you guys want some more videos showing different aspects then let me know and I'll try to get them. I may also try to confirm that the catback section fits a 1.6L on my friends car in the next few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-PrIcGIMk8&feature=youtu.be
Nice little flame towards the end of the video.

·
Registered
9 Posts
got mine installed this morning, definite rattle from it hitting on something and on deceleration but I couldn't find what it was, however it does sound fantastic

·
Registered
78 Posts
@oh4one4
The only time I've heard noticeable rasp was once at ~4k when I did a pull and the car was still kind of cold. Besides that I haven't really heard any. My old set up was super raspy above 3k so this is a nice change.

@namiato
Check to see if yours is rubbing against the ppf frame and if it is try to loosen the exhuast bolts, slide the exhaust away from the ppf and then retighten. Mine is rubbing on the ppf frame ever so slightly once in a while but I'm pretty sure it's because my exhaust hangars are all old and stretched out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I was just going to say, if anything you should upgrade your 20 year old hangers to something a bit more stiff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought one from Touge Factory today, the shipment should arrive next week.
Can't wait!! Now to pair it with a good header :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Get new hangars will help you out a lot. 28$ for all of them to be upgraded to poly
I used them on my NB and hated them after removing and reinstalling the muffler a few times and eventually tearing the poly hangers. I say new rubber ones or use zip ties to tighten them up, just my humble opinion.

I love exhaust flames but hate the smell of stank pipes. :(

·
Registered
3,668 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
got mine installed this morning, definite rattle from it hitting on something and on deceleration but I couldn't find what it was, however it does sound fantastic
found where the rattle was, it was actually banging on a piece of metal next to the tail pipe exit. I tried to move around the exhaust by changing the angle of all 3 pieces, but nothing made it better. I ended up just bending that piece of metal so the exhaust doesn't hit it anymore. I had the straight pipe instead of resonated cat, maybe the fitment changed someway so if anyone else has this issue look at the tail pipe!

Other than that, love this exhaust...zero drone or rasp at cruising speeds and rpms and is only loud when I want it to be. It's also such a deep tone which is great. Overall, nice quality of life upgrade from my previous straight pipes!

·
Registered
74 Posts
got mine installed last night. awesome product all around. fit is great. sound is awesome. i love it.

i'll post some photos and maybe a vid soon.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
More videos of this exhaust please! Are most of you with this catback running aftermarket header?
I'm not. But it might be something I do in the future. I'd imagine the noise level would increase with an aftermarket header.

181 - 200 of 244 Posts