ClubRoadster.net banner

241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I got my ISR exhaust w/ resonated cat delete pipe installed for my 1.8 a few days ago and this thing is loud! I really don't mind it and I actually think it sounds amazing when driving on side streets but when I'm on the freeway holding high revs, my ears are ringing! and dat drone....anyone else having this issue? I'm thinking I'd just throw on a cat but then I'd lose that nice gurgling sound haha

oh btw, for those with a 2nd O2 sensor, it costed me $20 to get a bung drilled/welded. No biggie and no CEL
Pretty much any exhaust without a cat is going to be very loud lol. Cat will also help eliminate some of that drone. It's not a problem, it's just something you don't like.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Oh dont get me wrong I like the sound. I'm just a puss and scared of the po po lol
Lol I didn't mean any harm. Yeah I'd say throw the cat back on there and you should be fine. I'm in California and the cops here are pretty anal about exhaust and emissions so I'm used to playing it on the safer side. That being said I know plenty of people who daily drive straight piped cars so I guess it really just depends on how much you want to push your luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Old thread, and I'm a noob here, but this has my name all over it.

I've only put 1000 miles on my miata, and while I wasn't planning to put an exhaust on it unless I I went F/I, this is making me change my mind.

Looks nice, not too rice.

241 - 244 of 244 Posts