ClubRoadster.net banner

161 - 180 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
cannot get over the sooks in this thread, its too expensive, why won't they say if it will fit my car, it's taking too long.

far out guys, the exhaust is a bargain, its stainless steel, at $375 its dirt cheap, its pretty obvious they don't want to stuff anyone around, you can't force customs, i had to wait 6 months for something to pass once, try explaining that to the customer.
as for if it will fit a 1.6 they're trying not to mislead anyone, they don't know so they're providing the best answer they can.
i for one think it's an absolute bargain, if it's up to the quality i would expect. if its junk then what can you do, its a $375 exhaust, i spend about 3K on headers alone when they have to be custom made.
Agreed......you want fast shipping then buy something that is IN STOCK!!! :suicide:

·
Registered
78 Posts
They're in!!

Messaged them this morning and they said they arrived saturday. They will be getting shipped today and tomorrow based on the order they were purchased.

·
Registered
9 Posts
also got an email saying that my order has shipped, great news! UPS says it will get here next Monday, not too bad going from Florida to California.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got home from work today and had a little package waiting for me :bouncin:

The exhaust was pretty well packed and had no dents on it so that was a good sign.

Here are some close ups of the individual pieces to give people an idea of what the production version looks like. Welds are pretty good and piping is just shy of 2.5" ID. The tip and muffler look great and I can't wait to get it on the car hopefully this weekend or maybe sometime during the week.

And all the pieces laid out side by side and the bag of hardware (Bolts & 4 Exhaust Gaskets)

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Got home from work today and had a little package waiting for me :bouncin:

The exhaust was pretty well packed and had no dents on it so that was a good sign.

Here are some close ups of the individual pieces to give people an idea of what the production version looks like. Welds are pretty good and piping is just shy of 2.5" ID. The tip and muffler look great and I can't wait to get it on the car hopefully this weekend or maybe sometime during the week.

And all the pieces laid out side by side and the bag of hardware (Bolts & 4 Exhaust Gaskets)
i'm assuming that's the resonated cat delete pipe? Are you 1.6 or 1.8? Looks good. Take pics when it's mounted on your car. #kthnx

·
Registered
78 Posts
i'm assuming that's the resonated cat delete pipe? Are you 1.6 or 1.8? Looks good. Take pics when it's mounted on your car. #kthnx
Yes that's the resonated test pipe. I currently have an unresonated one with stock header and a custom MagnaFlow cat back and the rasp is ridiculous so I went resonated this time.

I'm a 1.8 so the whole thing should fit. For 1.6s the catback section should fit.

Can you also weigh it before you do the install?
I'll try my best to weigh it but all I have is an old bathroom scale so it'll be more of an estimated weight than an exact thing.

I plan on getting it installed tonight when I get back from work and then taking a bunch of pics and later on GoPro videos of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got the exhaust on tonight. Didn't really get a chance to drive it but from the quick stroll I took I like it so far. Initial impression: It's a deep tone, very very little rasp (especially compared to my old set up) and loud but not terribly loud.

Installation took about 2-2.5 hours on the ground taking my time and getting some help from my brother. I weighed the components before installation
Test Pipe ~5lbs
Mid-Pipe ~9lbs
Muffler ~14lbs
So the total comes out to about 28lbs. Installation was super easy and everything fit well. I do currently have a rattle that comes and goes but it's not from the exhaust hitting anything so I'll have to find it sometime later. Here's some pictures of it installed and a short clip of some revs in my garage (click the last picture and it'll play the video). Ignore the burnt bumper :suicide:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm gonna order this, not like i'm in a rush my car doesn't even run yet... 2-3 weeks delay isn't even that bad. I order parts from mining equipment with waits as long as 6 months to 1 year... Try explaining that to a customer with a Machine Down.

Anyway, exhaust is bad ass looking and I've liked ISIS parts I've had on past Nissan S-Chassis cars!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Got the exhaust on tonight. Didn't really get a chance to drive it but from the quick stroll I took I like it so far. Initial impression: It's a deep tone, very very little rasp (especially compared to my old set up) and loud but not terribly loud.

Installation took about 2-2.5 hours on the ground taking my time and getting some help from my brother. I weighed the components before installation
Test Pipe ~5lbs
Mid-Pipe ~9lbs
Muffler ~14lbs
So the total comes out to about 28lbs. Installation was super easy and everything fit well. I do currently have a rattle that comes and goes but it's not from the exhaust hitting anything so I'll have to find it sometime later. Here's some pictures of it installed and a short clip of some revs in my garage (click the last picture and it'll play the video). Ignore the burnt bumper :suicide:

WOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow i love it. Love it!!!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I'm glad you got yours will. Now everyone can see how awesome it is. I feel like I was being persecuted because I was the demo car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've driven the car around some more now and must say I really love this exhaust. It's deep. No noticeable rasp at all when the car is warm and a really nice tone. It is a little louder than my old set up but nothing too crazy. It also shoots a flame occasionally during hard 2-3 shifts apparently :bouncin::rice:

As promised here's a video of the exhaust. Starts out with a warm start, some neighborhood cruising (mostly 25-30mph in 3rd gear), a couple of pulls, and then some 60mph cruising. If you guys want some more videos showing different aspects then let me know and I'll try to get them. I may also try to confirm that the catback section fits a 1.6L on my friends car in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've driven the car around some more now and must say I really love this exhaust. It's deep. No noticeable rasp at all when the car is warm and a really nice tone. It is a little louder than my old set up but nothing too crazy. It also shoots a flame occasionally during hard 2-3 shifts apparently :bouncin::rice:

As promised here's a video of the exhaust. Starts out with a warm start, some neighborhood cruising (mostly 25-30mph in 3rd gear), a couple of pulls, and then some 60mph cruising. If you guys want some more videos showing different aspects then let me know and I'll try to get them. I may also try to confirm that the catback section fits a 1.6L on my friends car in the next few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-PrIcGIMk8&feature=youtu.be
Sounds really good man, thanks for the video!

161 - 180 of 244 Posts