ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I haven't seen anyone on here with the NB version of this exhaust I figured why not pull the trigger and see what would happen.

I ordered it from import image racing for about 340 shipped to my door. It came wrapped up in this almost 7 foot box too:winky:

Unpacking it, I inspected the welds and the overall quality after shipping since these crayon eaters can't seem to not bring a box unscathed. Everything was as they advertised with the proper gaskets and grade 8 hardware to lock it all together.:icon_cheers:

It bolted right up to my riceland header and the o2 extension for the midpipe bolted right in with no drama. Everything slipped into its respectful places.

There are a few complaints though. The hangers could be a bit more sturdy looking and the tip touches the bumper but all in all its a great exhaust sub 500 bucks.

Sound wise its deep, really deep. Like almost inline 6 deep. No rasp or any of that teeny cheap rattle noise you get out of ebay stuff. Its a nice deep tone and the harder you drive it the quieter it gets. After a nice spirited run its almost non-existent, its that quiet. And the tip throws you off completely. Power wise, the top end is definitely stronger, and on the limiter it definitely feels as if it has more to give now. Its very throaty when you goose the throttle, whether it be during a rev match downshift or feathering through a corner, it sounds great.

I've put about 225ish miles on it and I haven't looked back since.

I'm working on a few vids and i'll have pictures up later on too.:phillyb:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
what a build tho....

·
Registered
4 Posts
nice thanks for the review, hope to see vids soon.. ive checked them out on youtube and it sounds ok, i personally like the style but wanted a lower tone possibly drone and it seem like the video i watched may have a different set up than yours? i have a stock nb and want this exhaust for multiple reasons, 1) being its cheap 2)i like the hand bent style tip and believe i can pack the exhaust to make it pleasing my ears.
ill keep checking back for video posts!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you adapted to the drone yet? I noticed as soon as I installed this, it droned super hard at around 3.2k rpm all the way up until around 4.5k. Also my exhaust seems to bang against the rear babytooth tiedown at low rpms, making my car sound super jank in parking lots

1 - 8 of 8 Posts