ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.. i searched but nothing seems to be what im looking for.. 1992 miata, basically stock.. ran and drove completely fine, one night its raining really hard and for some time. I get in the car to do some drifting and when it starts up, its running very rough, after 2 miles it clears up so i figure all is well.. Next day clear skies, starts the same(rough), and is smoking something fierce, drive for 2 miles, runs better but still smokes bad(white smoke). there seemed to be some antifreeze in my oil as well. So I do a head gasket, and it seemed to help but not cure the issue? So possibly cracked/warped head? Just seems odd this is all happening after heavy rain? I assume the ecu got wet as well.. Also the idle is still slightly rough... What am I missing? I apologize if I missed my solution in the search... thanks guys

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't get it checked.. I haven't been losing coolant prior to the rainy day... I'm sure now I would be going by all the smoke.

·
Registered
388 Posts
could be condensation (will look white).. if you aren't losing coolant or have a milky oil then i doubt your head gasket **** the bed. could be water getting somewhere near your spark plug/wire and causing a miss fire?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts