ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a felpro intake gasket its metal with a rubber coating, should i rtv it? i have read people having problems running itbs and having coolant getting into the engine as the manifold is not heated so there not port for the coolant to go. also should i fill the two ports with rtv?

·
Supporting Member
177 Posts
since you are using "MY" manifold..i know its mine since it has the same fittings :)...i first installed that fucking thing with zero rtv..and reused the gasket...instant leakage and ended up destroying my block.

bought some rtv and new gasket and torqued down...ZERO leaks with new block..,,use the clear **** rated for water.>>>permatex water/thermostat silicone.

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
since you are using "MY" manifold..i know its mine since it has the same fittings :)...i first installed that fucking thing with zero rtv..and reused the gasket...instant leakage and ended up destroying my block.

bought some rtv and new gasket and torqued down...ZERO leaks with new block..,,use the clear **** rated for water.>>>permatex water/thermostat silicone.
did not know my manifold had a big cr.net history

i have some good high heat water proof rtv im going to use. did you fill the ports also?

also i must ask did you run a aftermarket ecu if so what did you do about the tps?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bought a sheet of paper gasket and cut it out my self, the holes were only cut open for the intake ports and the manifold studs. It's worked for a whole year and counting 15,000 miles.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
I bought one of the no name phenolic intake manifold gaskets off of eBay for my NB. Not sure if they are still on there, but I think Hondata and OBX makes one as well. For the coolant lines, IIRC I just ran an extended hose from the waterneck straight to the oil cooler. No issues with leaks or anything like that either.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
So I'm looking at figuring this out right now too. I have a hondata phenolic gasket as well. It has ports for the coolant and water line. Heck even this t3 adaptor has a port for the water line between 1 and 2.

Why is that line there? Where is it supposed to run to?

Quinn- did you use any RTV? Was the thick phenolic gasket torqued down enough to stop it from leaking?

FYI, any of you with t3 adaptors should check for them being actually flat and true. I've now heard from two members that they are not. Looking at mine, I'd say there is good chance mine isn't either. FML. Could be why issues are being had with coolant leaking.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
So I'm looking at figuring this out right now too. I have a hondata phenolic gasket as well. It has ports for the coolant and water line. Heck even this t3 adaptor has a port for the water line between 1 and 2.

Why is that line there? Where is it supposed to run to?

Quinn- did you use any RTV? Was the thick phenolic gasket torqued down enough to stop it from leaking?

FYI, any of you with t3 adaptors should check for them being actually flat and true. I've now heard from two members that they are not. Looking at mine, I'd say there is good chance mine isn't either. FML. Could be why issues are being had with coolant leaking.

No RTV. No leaks. There is no water running through my TWM manifold anywhere anyways.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts