ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay!

My new black carpet has arrived, my black seats are about to arrive, and my new door panels have shown up.

This is what my car currently looks like (minus my new Enkei 16" silver 5-spokes, I don't know the model :wink: )

It's a 92 black-and-tan C-package. I just got in a lot of stuff, suspension, roll bar, etc and I'm about to start getting it all installed. I'm converting the entire interior to black with either brushed aluminum or chrome trim. A year or so ago on Miata.net (before I found this awesome place =D> ) I ran across a "minimalist" thread in which one of the guys had removed his center console, which I'm going to do, but leave the handbrake.

Remember it's going to be black.

Here's what's going in:

Black carpet
Stock black seats (until I can find some comfy-for-daily-driving race seats)
Strip the dash, door panels, etc and refinish them (I have 95 door panels going in)
New speakers
Roll bar
Gauge faces (I have 2 sets, indiglos that I trust and reverse indiglos that I've never used)
If I go with the brushed aluminum trim I'll install an aluminum gauge overlay also
Gauge hood will be stripped and refinished

So I'm looking for suggestions on a few more things to do. I know I'm missing something. I'm almost ready for a steering wheel.

I'm going for a minimalist look, no frills except my climate control (only used for the heater in the winter, AC is coming out) and my CD player. I want to get rid of as many clashing colors as I can. Sort of a classy, racy look, not ricey.

No piles of chrome either. Roll bar will be a black Hard Dog Hard Bar single hoop.

I need a suggestion on a spoiler too. I had a lip but it looked funny without a roll bar so I sold it :oops:

Any suggestions? I'm thinking about a wheel like this:

:D Can you tell I'm excited?!

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
^^ Thats what I'm going for. I'll be ditching the stereo as well..

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
let me know how the carpet fits and where you bought it from! i also like the minimalist look but have a few things to do before cosmetics (roll bar, suspension, etc.). plus, i want to keep my interior tan. :)

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Your car looks somewhat familiar to me... I can't place it.

My suggestion: do what you're gonna do, but leave out the brushed aluminum. If you need to fabricate anything like for mounting gauges, etc, just paint it black. All black.

Nice wheel, by the way. May I suggest that and the stock gauge rings be the only shiny parts in the interior?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your car looks somewhat familiar to me... I can't place it.

My suggestion: do what you're gonna do, but leave out the brushed aluminum. If you need to fabricate anything like for mounting gauges, etc, just paint it black. All black.

Nice wheel, by the way. May I suggest that and the stock gauge rings be the only shiny parts in the interior?
Nice paint scheme, yours is the second I've seen that looks like mine! =D> Great minds think alike.

The only reason I was going for the possible brushed look is because of the gauge overlay I was going to use. However, I'm thinking of skipping that part and just using the indiglo gauges. That way the only shiny stuff would be the trim around the shifter (have to get an aftermarket shift ring) and the shift knob.

I don't like a lot of bling, trust me. I just want it to flow well :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts