ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, my shifter is doing that annoying rattly noise, and it feels a bit sloppy, i know i can go to mazda and get the same, crappy plastic bushings that ill need to replace again in a few thousand miles, but i was wondering if anyone makes a rebuild kit with new seals, bushings, and boots in a better material? thanks!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The OEM parts are not crappy at all. They withstood years and tens of thousands of miles of use and gave you that crisp shifting action the Miata receives accolades for. If it was me, I'd stick with OEM and just refresh everything. Planet Miata offers the all the parts needed in an easy to order kit. You can also get great prices on OEM parts from Finishline/Rosenthal Mazda and a few other CR.net sponsor vendors.

Shifter Rebuild Kits NOW AVAILABLE!

Or you can get an aluminum shifter bushing from Mazdaspeed Motorsports Development.

Or you can get a brass shifter bushing from Beatrush (available through REV9)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
awesome, thanks guys, Ive been looking around at a few sites and saw a few complaints about oem parts, this is why im wondering about the aftermarket.. Once again thanks!

Id love to have that extended miataroadster shifter.. time to start saving i suppose

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
If not OEM, go with Miata Roadster. You can't go wrong either way. I have the MR Short Shifter and its awesome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts