ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, heres the deal. i have two trunk lids for my red 1992 NA. i currently am rocking the stock duckbill style spoiler for daily driving.... but im a fan of the ridiculously huge ones too.... i really like the nopro one for the NB but its for the nb... and the mounting point is not on the trunk.

i would prefer one mounted to the trunk lid so i can switch out my trunks for track days or w/e....functionality would b a plus... i remember seeing gregs brg with a wing ? couldn't find the link, but yea suggestions and photos would b a bonus ! thanks for the help
Scott

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
i exhausted the wing search for a bit, i have seen many wings... it a huge list. Your best bet is to go on amazon.com and type in "carbon spoiler" and look at the general styles... if you want one of the more specific Miata ones, then you're gonna have to do some foot work for sure, but there really isnt many of them out there.

I still plan on getting one..

·
Registered
498 Posts
Matt had a really cool one on his old project miata, not really sure where he got it though since that issue of SCC isn't handy at the moment.
I looked at the issues recently and I believe he had a GT3 style wing, but he had it mounted to a Carbon fiber trunk.

too bad that car is long gone. :(

·
Registered
498 Posts
the wing that matt used is a GTC-200 wing.

the carbon trunk lid was from axis powers.

total weight was 12.5 pounds by SCC

4 pounds for trunk
4 pounds for wing
4 pounds for brackets.... can't remember where the half pound was.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
i dont have any suggestions, but i'd like to give you props for going for what you want. i always hear a lot of whining about people hating big wings or whatever.
I think it's from all the FF guys running them on their cars. I've actually considered one myself since it is a FR car.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, those wings are freaking awesome. the voltex one is freaking awesome....too bad its like 1k+ for them....pitcrew one is awesome too, but damn man... the prices...lol

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
i dont have any suggestions, but i'd like to give you props for going for what you want. i always hear a lot of whining about people hating big wings or whatever.
I think it's from all the FF guys running them on their cars. I've actually considered one myself since it is a FR car.
My belief is

BIG WING FOR TRACK= PURPOSE
BIG WING FOR DAILY DRIVING= STUPID

but that's just me

simon
I totally agree, I would only put a tall one on for track days, but I would have to buy another decklid. I've consideredit, but I haven't put too much thought into it to worry :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6166

my air foil is on this thread. If you are using a stock lid, it will be important to have the mounting points out near the edges of the deck. If the airfoil works, then you will dent the stock one.

If you add a lot of rear downforce, you will need to add something in the front too...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts