ClubRoadster.net banner

881 - 892 of 892 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,494 Posts
Come on man, we all know you wear jorts as underwear.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,328 Posts
I think it will be til it’s not.
Part of me would love to tear my car apart and put it back together nut by nut. If I felt like I had unlimited money, skill, and time, I would.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #885
Been slowly chipping away at this here and there.

Cams looks like cams.

Made a fancy valve cover. Muhkanik.

Crank pump pulley is bitch. I literally ended up chipping away at it, lol.

Also a new BFH helped. It's Large Marge approved.

Ended up taking the plastic covers off but not a pic. You've seen it all before.

This looks kinda neat but I don't have a downpipe for it.

And this came in the mail today. I'll thumb through it sometime.

·
8,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #886
Motor is mostly cleaned up and paint finally came in. I hope to start (read: finish) the painting process this week. Rolled the car out and washed it so I'm not bumping and grinding a filthy car. Started pulling and labeling things.

Untitled by 99blkx, on Flickr

·
8,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #889
I don’t know the cars history before me other than it having an autocross club sticker. I haven’t felt inclined to clean it up previously but part of this swap will be a lot of elbow grease.

Speaking of swap... it’s totally unnecessary and now I know it. I’ve thought it for a while like since before I started... thanks a lot raceland.

I’ll probably move ahead with the swap but I’m gonna mull it over harder. If I get an offer for my VVT motor that I can’t refuse then my decision gets made. I hate decisions like these.

·
8,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #891
Well... new header in and the motor is fine.

New header still has a minor imperfection below the 3rd primary. I'm going to send feedback but I used the fat Raceland gasket this time and... magic.

I told a couple of buddies about my good fortune and already had someone come look at the motor. He intends to buy it when I'm done with the refresh. I would be done now... but I lost the idler tensioner spring. FML.

The blue is Rustoleum engine enamel ford blue. It's actually not as bad in person and with more accessories bolted on. It was..... a LOT when still all masked up.

Prior to painting I pulled it off the stand to do the rear main. That was a little challenging to remove with a swinging motor, lol.

And did the front main and exhaust cam.

I always feel like an old man when using the FM tools but they're so handy and so good.

My car is still up on stands. I think I'm going to skip the lightweight flywheel and save it for winter. I'll swap in the SS brake lines and put the hood back on and call it good. If all goes well planning to head back to ORP on July 18th. Should be good times.

881 - 892 of 892 Posts