ClubRoadster.net banner

Jan 15-17 Ft. Myers/Cape Coral

837 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  3MiataFamily 
#1 ·
OK folks...a very close family friend moved to Cape Coral a couple years ago...and his wife is throwing him a SURPRISE birthday get together on Jan 16. I knew about this a couple months ago, and had, reluctantly, decided that I would not be able to attend.

Fast forward to Xmas morning...

SURPRISE!!..

MY wife... in cahoots with HIS wife... gave me a plane ticket to attend the surprise party.

I am looking for someone to RENT ME A MIATA for the weekend.

I am NOT an asshat kid...61 years old and have logged over 400k in the seat of my Miatas...and president of the Nutmeg Miata Club

Anyone willing to help a fellow enthusiast out and surprise my buddy?

Drop me a PM if you can help and further details

Joe

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Anyone in the Sarasota/Tampa area getting together on January 16?...or get something going on that day?

I have been tasked with getting my buddy out of the house for a good portion of the day so his wife can do the surprise birthday party thing...

some sort of get together a good distance away is just the ticket

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Workin on that already...thanks for the response

Hope I am able to pull this off

Discussion starter · #6 ·
How about this?...suggested by a guy over on MNet

www.revsinstitute.org

OK..just got off the phone with a very nice young lady by the name of Lindsey at REVS...she has 10 spots available for the 1 and 1:30 guided tour...and set aside ...temporarily...a group for the 1:30 tour...

which puts the ball firmly in you guys court....who is even mildly interested in trying to make this happen?...

meet for lunch prior?...

drinks afterward?

that would allow me to get him out of the house for a good portion of the day...meet a few of your Clubmembers...check out some Miatas...whatever...

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Latest news...I WILL HAVE A MIATA UNDER MY BUTT FOR THE WEEKEND!!!

Just got off the phone with a VERY nice gentleman in Sarasota who has graciously offered up his 02 for me to use for the weekend...THANK YOU MIKE!!

My buddy and I will be picking up that car in Sarasota on saturday morning between 10 and 11am. Then head over to Bradenton Motorsports Park to meet up with whoever is there for the test/tune day...couple folks from the Geaqrheads group out of Ft. Myers have made plans for that.

All I have so far...but stopping in Port Charlotte on the way back to Cape Coral/Ft. Myers looks like a pretty good plan to kill some more time

Looks like REVS Institute is out for Saturday...but might still be able to work it in for me and my friend on tuesday. Play that one by ear.

This is still a work in progress...

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Surprise party pulled off ...good time was had...Sunday is recovery day

Monday is a new day...so there is something planned for Monday evening

Well..looks like I found something for Monday evevening I have to return the 02 in Sarasota Monday afternoon, then heading up to Tampa for the FAST Monday get together at the

Tampa bay brewing company
13937 Monroes Business Park, Tampa, FL 33635

Looks like this thing gets started about 6:30

From the Tampa Bay Miata club page

There were 11 Miatas and one Miata-powered Exocet at the autocross yesterday.

We'll be having our weekly "FAST Monday" meet tomorrow in Oldsmar. It's a quasi-Miata meet, most of the people there are Miata folks. (and the meet is often cross-posted here if anyone bothers to do it)

That's all that's on my radar for the moment.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
See the above post for this evening meet up

Then my friend and I will be hitting the REVS institute in Naples on Tuesday morning before my flight out of Ft. Myers Tuesday evenng

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Met up with the FAST guys this evening

Yes..it was a bit chilly this evening...my friend Chuck and I actually left Cape Coral about 3:30... And did not put the top up until about 5 miles away from the Tampa Bay Brewing restaurant...

Good food...good conversation...nice group of folks all around...I was very glad that I dragged Chuck all the way u there this evening...

Next trip down might be a little different

Off to REVS institute in the morning and back to the real world tomorrow evening...

Thank you very much for welcoming us to your group

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.