ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if I can manage to pull a fast one and get these dates in my holiday to Japan :D
We are planning to go in the first half of next year, so...

I'll keep you updated Bill :)
It'd be great to meet some of the CR people :D

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
I think the REAL question is who can afford to go? I would LOVE to go, but i need a couple years leadtime (to save some money, and clear my calender)

Bill get some pricing for the guys to get an idea of what they are looking at.

for example, when i was at Tokyo Auto Salon it cost me $300 for a plane to Cali from Florida, and then $1400 for the round trip to Japan with 7 days over there, this was a tour group (Turbo Magazine) and it included VIP press day passes, and the bus ride to and from the show for 3 days, a trip to Super AutoBacs Tokyo, Japan, and hotel stay.

This Tour did NOT include FOOD, Taxi or Subway rides, and Visiting Hard Rock Tokyo, and the $2K i spend in Car parts at the show #-o

- Tokyo Auto Salon Tour $1700
- Food in Japan for 7 days $300
- Standing at the Mazdaspeed Booth Ordering car parts ...........
:mrgreen: PRICELESS :mrgreen:

PhatMiata

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
There are a couple people on here who know someone or have family very close to this event location!

I'll let them speak up, but I'm sure they could provide some insight and info for us!

·
Registered
441 Posts
i would absolutely love to go but i am going to san francisco/mexico next year...

2008 holiday will be Japan though!! finally got my gf to want to go.

*green with envy*

·
4,438 Posts
I am planning on it - just looking for the right air fare deal.

Just announced today - too bad it is only for winter:

----------
TODAY! Travel for $549 to Tokyo on Oct. 23-Dec. 9 departures with Northwest, American or Continental. A 7-day advance purchase required. Add $25 per direction for Fri.-Sun. travel day. Stay 3-45 days; 6-30 on American. Add a $150 round-trip fuel surcharge. Purchase by Oct. 16.
----------

Bring a rain coat

·
Registered
441 Posts
holy **** thats cheap!

·
Mufasa in Training
33,009 Posts
I wish I could...perhaps in '08, after I vote Feldman-Haim :lol:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
If we can get a realistic head count I can ask Watanabe-san to quote us some ballpark pricing figures, and maybe after the show, we can check out a local race event or visit a Roadster tuner shop, or a Super AutoBacs Store. Watanabe is the same guy that runs the TAS tours for Turbo, SuperStreet, SCC, and other such tuner mag readers/tuners.

Maybe we can even get some of the USA Miata Tuners on board as well? Would be a great opportunity to make some more solid JDM connections for them so we can get parts from Japan easier. :wink:

PhatMiata

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
yeah im planning on going to japan 08' or 2009 but itll be a big trip if i go to 2009. maybe ill never come back. hehe~

lucky ducks to all those who go to this!! :eek: bring me back some taiyaki and a road&ster windbrella if you see one. hehe~

·
Mufasa in Training
33,009 Posts
:lol: I guess since I'm getting married not two weeks after this meet, I must not be going...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts