ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there own or used to own any of the refered to "Japanese Supercars". Refering mainly to last generation 300ZX, 3000GT, Supra, NSX, RX-7, GT-R, in the 1990's. I used to have a 1994 3000GT VR-4. Planning on getting another VR-4 in a few years. Post pics if you have em!

·
Banned
607 Posts
my cousin bought one of those new, it was like $60k if I remember. I remember the thing having a ridiculous number of rads and ICs.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Certainly not mine, but I passed this NSX with a very well executed widebody and whqt looked like te-37s visiting friends a while back.

Sorry for crap pics, but I was in motion...amazing looking car though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would love to get my hands on a clean FD. They are sex.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i work on a lot of rx7's... wouldnt mind owning one as a toy
Yeah I worked on Mitsubishis for about 10 years so I had my fair share of 3000GTs. Keep em coming.

·
Supporting Member
375 Posts
Had a R32 when i first got to germany. Kinda miss it :(
also had a buddy that one but managed to find a tommy kaira tunned 26... thing pulled like a bat outta hell

·
Banned
607 Posts
Went to an engine/transmission importer in the boonies of NJ... saw this

·
Registered
132 Posts
some of the rx7's we have had come through the shop

the silver one on the lift is complete now with the fuel system on the bottom. the carpet is cut so it looks pretty now lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Were the '95+ 18" 6 spokes on it when you got it or was that something you added?

A Danube/Mariana Blue Pearl '94 with the 17" 5 spokes would be my ideal VR-4, from a strictly stock stand point.
See you know you're 3000GTs. When i first bought it, it had the stock 17 inch chrome wheels. I found this set of 95+ wheels on ebay that had been de-chromed, polished, and clear coated. Sooo much better then the chrome. I spent 6 months searching for a 94-96 this color blue, with black interior and no sunroof. Wish I'd never sold the damn thing. What it looked like when i first bought it.

And here's a close up of the polished wheel. Notice the blue brake rotors. Somehow the brake fluid got contaminated and would cause the brakes to keep applying and would eventually completely stop the car. Had to rebuild all the calipers, master cylinder, and replace all the rubber brake lines. That's the only reason i painted the calipers. I had them off the car so I knew I could do them right.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've owned two FDs

One was with the stock twins and bolt ons:

Second FD I bought with a blown motor but it only had 78,000 miles on the chassis. Street ported the motor, single turbo, water injection, etc.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you want a japanese supercar, drop a 4G63 in that Colt hatch in the background.

Anyone out there own or used to own any of the refered to "Japanese Supercars". Refering mainly to last generation 300ZX, 3000GT, Supra, NSX, RX-7, GT-R, in the 1990's. I used to have a 1994 3000GT VR-4. Planning on getting another VR-4 in a few years. Post pics if you have em!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I had a '92 300ZX. Sadly though, it was not a twin turbo. :( Despite that, it really was an impressively engineered machine. I hated doing maintenance/repair on it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
A friend and I used to be Mitsubishi nuts.
He has a fully caged single PTE76 (formerly) 3.5 stroked Stealth...It previously held the worlds highest pump gas trap speed for all 3/S. Made nearly 1000HP prior to going boom. But, he bought it this way. Still very cool.

We built his 91 TT stealth for many years. It is nothing too special but its got IPS headers/twin 16g's, 6 puck...etc. It still scoots like mad though. Current setup is ~500hp.

I still have a built galant VR4, but I wouldnt exactly say it was supposed to be a "supercar" in its day.

(these are really old)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts