ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Initial D live action movie is a let-down if you're a hard-core Initial D fan and you let yourself get let down. If you just take it as it is -- an entertaining movie based on Initial D (but not a word for word interpretation of the comic book series), then it's great. I saw it in the theatre and I loved it. The drift action was much better than 3Fast3Furious and there was actually a plot that made sense.

I have it on DVD, so maybe I should invite the DC-area roadster lovers to have a movie night. :p

·
Registered
741 Posts
So....is it out in theaters in japan? All I can find in google is some german movie called "Drift" which is supposedly a gay (litteraly) romance?

·
1,213 Posts
went to see F&F3TD on friday with a work mate on the way home ...

is basically Karate Kid with JDM auto hotness instead of the martial arts !!!

lots of 350Z's , GTR's , EVO's etc .... no roadsters though :(

watch out Mr Miagi .... drift in, drift out !!! :wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Intial D live action movie was a total let down. I didn't see one drift that wasn't side-brake initiated....Just saw the new F&F, it was actually pretty good, made me laugh most of the time but worthadmission price.

·
Registered
465 Posts
watched the trailer to this and i coulda swore i heard the word "initial d" in it through the japanese. thinking maybe it was saying something like made by the people that made inital d movie? anyone notice it and know if that was what they said? i personally kinda liked how the inital d movie was shot for the racing scenes so if it was made by the same people might be worth watching. i agree bout how the inital d movie didnt follow the anime that well though. keisuke wasnt even shown and he was a major char in the whole series lol. also the drunken bunta wasnt true either like mentioned before. really hated that they didnt have any of the music from the anime either. anyways ill prob try to check this movie out when i can find it regardless.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,648 Posts
Can't get the trailer to work for some reason...am I the only one?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
The Intial D live action movie was a total let down. I didn't see one drift that wasn't side-brake initiated....Just saw the new F&F, it was actually pretty good, made me laugh most of the time but worthadmission price.
I was a hard-core fan of the Initial D series and I hated the live action movie. Huge let-down!!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I keep hearing th phrase "let down" in connection with the Initial D movie. You were actually expecting it to be good? I went in expecting 0 and was pleasantly suprised. I Liked the Drunken Bunta, too. and as to getting rid of Keisuke, well, he wasn't that important. Ryosuke was a much more important character to include and when you are limited to 90 minutes you ned to make some cuts. I also liked how they combined Itsuke, and Iketani into one character. and Kenji always seened to be a waste of screen time anyway.

All in all I thought they did a good job for a low budget chinese movie. It's not exactly oscar worthy but it was good. And While I am a big initial D Fan I hold no illusions of the show actually being good. It's addictive and fun but not good. It's like crack It's really fun to do and you want to do more of it all the time, but you know it can't be good for you.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
worked for me. They didn't say it was produced by the people who did initial D. It was kinda vague about it in teh trailer; it essentially said it was in the same vein as initial D, taxi, and another movie.

Premise of the film is a boxer who loses his ability to fight and his wife and child because of a guy in a black car somehow gets them into an accident.

to find this guy and to get revenge, boxer dude learns how to drift.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts