ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a few pictures in my imageshack account from a few months ago. Hooray for cell phone cameras :oops:

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, this game is available in the US, like $20 at best buy these days. Heres my RX-7

Kaido Battle

·
Registered
692 Posts
i heard d1 is coming to the u.s. this summer but havent been able to find a release date. anyone know?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift came out on PS2 last week. It's Kaido Battle (says so in the opening cut scene), and i'm pretty sure it's the latest installment. It's only $20.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift came out on PS2 last week. It's Kaido Battle (says so in the opening cut scene), and i'm pretty sure it's the latest installment. It's only $20.
I think its an older one, read somewhere theres only 5 mountains in the US game, KB3 has at between 15 and 20 courses

EDIT: Yeah, its a port of Kaido Battle 1, and most stores should have it. Its between $10-$20. I have KB2 and KB3 so Ill probably get this one to have the original one in engrish.

·
Registered
692 Posts
i got tokyo extreme racer: drift yesterday. awesome cars but the physics seems really wack... i think as far as drifting, gt3 was the best.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah, the physics aren't all that great, i guess i'll have to import KB2 and 3 or pick up D1GP when it drops.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also just picked it up today while I was at best buy, for only $10. Havent played it yet because I would like to complete KB3 first.

Ive always preferred Forza Motorsport's physics, but GT3 is also good

KB2 physics are ok and easy to get used to, but the KB3 physics are very touchy, although more realistic than 2. I had a hard time going from 2 to 3, but just re-started my game last week so I have the feel for it now. I will give TXR Drift a try later tonight and try to give you guys an idea of how it compares.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok KB1 is crazy slide happy, and the cars steer a little weird but I think it might just be the camera view. Ive only driven a few crappy stock cars but they dont want to grip, they want to slide.

KB2 is def. better, but its easy to get used to, and not really realistic. Jam on the gas and countersteer and you're drifting, not much to it. Cars grip a little better though

KB3 youll experience the wonders of snap oversteer if you countersteer too much or let off the gas in mid-drift. Its pretty brutal and touchy at first but its by far the best of the 3 games obviously. I only wish the LSD tuning was a bit more in depth, maybe I just havent unlocked the best parts yet.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a Usdm ps2, what do i need to do to it to play these games on it. I am almost done with TXR Drift and am ready to move on to KB2 & KB3. I have been told these games only work on jdm ps2's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts