ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the spelling of the Pioneer line of JDM head units? I believe it's Carrozzerra or something like that...

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Anyone know a reliable source to purchase these from? I'm thinking it would be a nice piece until I can afford an in-dash nav unit...

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Check out AudioCubes. They've got JDM head units and the requisite frequency converters but for some reason they don't offer one converter that covers the entire US frequency range. You have to choose between FM 88-102MHz or 96-108MHz. I'm sure someone on an A/V forum can help you find a single converter to cover the entire spectrum.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
why not just get a pioneer deck? my usdm pioneer looks identical to the carrozzeria jdm except it says pioneer instead of carrozzeria. if you're super jdm, maybe you can just get the face changed.

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm, i was under the impression the converters were able to be used in the US, guess I need to go back and research that again... If it it doesn't receive am/fm, it's not a big deal for me, I rarely listen to radio anyway... The Carrozzeria line is the same as the Pioneer Premier line in the States.

I can't say I'm a JDM-Nazi, but I personally think it'd be kinda cool to have a JDM head unit.. Be something different, ya' know...

·
Registered
605 Posts
The Japanese FM radio band is 76-90MHz, only 14MHz wide. That's why the converters can only give you 14MHz out of the US FM spectrum rather than the whole 20MHz.

That one with the vacuum tube in it would work well in a roadster with vintage style accessories, haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts