ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is involved/ how it is possible to remove the speed limiter from a miata/mx5 NB Japanese import???

Thanks in advance,
BCA

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Dont think your cars have speed limiters...its wont got 135+ because there isnt enuff power or the rear end and revlimiter stop it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has over 200bhp at the flywheel... my standard-ish NB can do 140 with 140bhp. Its limited!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
98/99? Not entirely sure? It is ECU related I believe... its got a piggy back system, so retains the original ECU and unlike the NA's its not just a dashboard thing. There must be someone out there who knows how to de-restrict it!?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Japan has a 180km/h speed limiter on ALL cars. Even 300bhp and more cars (read here: Supras, Skyline GTRs...)

You'll have to reflash your ECU to unlock it.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
The car has over 200bhp at the flywheel... my standard-ish NB can do 140 with 140bhp.Its limited!
Bullshit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
let me Google that for you

To get rid of this limiter, you have to remove a screw from the printed circuit board behind the speedometer.. Looking at the printed circuit board , there are two big multi-connectors ,each with 12 connections. They are labeled 'a' to 'l' and 'A' to 'L'. The 'G' connection is marked 180kp/h sw and, if you follow it up the board, it leads to a screw. Removing this screw disables the speed limiter."

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's for a 1.6 NA, everything I've found points to the ecu. :/

Also, to the pedantic chap, circa 140... Took a while but it was around there on the dash - on the return from the 'ring. :p. My mates cliosport ran out of revs first. :). Either way, the turbo NB should be good for more than the 110ish it currently does.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Lol. Wut?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts