ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
32,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see seats like these on the Internet and in the issues I have of R&S. I wonder how well they fit, or if they're even worth buying. I find it kinda funny that most of them are used with stock belts (with the belts going over the seats' side supports, instead of through the lap and shoulder belt holes).

If you check those prices, they're not bad, but shipping's probably a *$*@&$(!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I really like them too. There are lots of Recaro SPG style seats available in Japan and I'm sure some must be Miata friendly. This would look good in your car:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
damn... i want these but not in leather. jdm always the nice stuff

·
Mufasa in Training
32,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I should just buy a set and see, eh?

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
A lot of cars arrive in the UK with fancy race seats. Most people find them too small for British frames. On average, Americans are bigger than us underfed Brits, so even riskier. Be a shame to import some seats on spec, and find them unusable.

If you don't need a warning, fair enough.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A lot of cars arrive in the UK with fancy race seats. Most people find them too small for British frames. On average, Americans are bigger than us underfed Brits, so even riskier. Be a shame to import some seats on spec, and find them unusable.

I was just trying to figure out what you were getting at, is all. Despite being 6'1", 176, I have had a 32" waist since 9th grade :oops:

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Kind of on-topic of seats..

Don't forget the Sparco group buy I am trying to start if you are interested in a non-JDM but super nice seat.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Bryan, you might find this interesting.
These guys make Nissan parts for the Z and S chassis, and make great quality parts at that (I had a number of their suspension parts on my last car). Not to mention, Kuah, the owner, was open to the idea of making parts for the Miata at one point when I asked him about the idea.

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure:
http://splparts.com/Parts/Universal/Accessories/Driver/SPLBucketF.jpg
Oh, and dimensions:
http://splparts.com/Parts/Universal/Accessories/Driver/SPLBucketSize.jpg

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts

I was just trying to figure out what you were getting at, is all. Despite being 6'1", 176, I have had a 32" waist since 9th grade :oops:
From the measurements I made on the seat I have, I figure most of them are 28 or 29"....

Also, on two different Jap seats I have kicking about, the seat squab is very short.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

From the measurements I made on the seat I have, I figure most of them are 28 or 29"....

Also, on two different Jap seats I have kicking about, the seat squab is very short.
Yeek. Must be nice to be so short (and have a correspondingly small waist measurement).

Guess that crosses that off the list.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts