ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 100 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Wow, such a great starting point. I like CR kai's as much as the next guy, but I'm already thinking of 181737291 other sets of wheels I'd love to throw on there. lol

Did you have to say what kinda car it was on your temp tag registration? (if that even makes sense)

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I had to put the VIN in and when it didn't recognize it, it just had me put "coupe".

I love the Kai's. But I may switch it up in the future. I have an idea of the look I would go for. Still in the Work family.

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Does every single car from Japan have an aftermarket steering wheel? Lol.
Here is another shot of that steering wheel.

The little device to the left of the driver's knee is a Japanese Electronic Toll Card holder. Apparently it speaks to you in Japanese when the car is turned on.

The switch on the right turns the reverse lights on manually. They do work as expected when the car is put into reverse. Not sure why the manual override was added. Could be interesting to mess with tailgaters, I suppose.

Both of these details will find themselves removed at some point, I'm sure.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow looks really clean but your guys' price in the US is absolutely insane for R32's!!! I feel spoiled being in Canada where we've had these things for 10 years! My girlfriend bought hers for less than half super clean, lightly modded, with 100,000km.

Congrats on the car! Looks super mint which a lot of them up here are not.

·
Super Moderator
6,655 Posts
The switch on the right turns the reverse lights on manually. They do work as expected when the car is put into reverse. Not sure why the manual override was added. Could be interesting to mess with tailgaters, I suppose.
I really wish I had that this weekend. I had two people turn their brights on less than 200 yards behind me while driving through a winter storm. I would have loved to flip on my reverse lights on them.

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Just got an email from the seller:

Steve,

I have an early Christmas present for you. Actually Tsukasa was able to track it down for you from the previous owner and it just showed up. I will give it to you when you get here. ;-) Hows that for suspense?

Haha

See you soon.

Thanks,
-Chris
Sunuvabitch. Not sure what "it" could possibly be. OEM steering wheel? Documentation from the engine rebuild?

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Gotta love sellers with a sense of humor.
Killing me, though.

Starting to look forward to the road trip. Work has been ridiculously stressful lately and we're still in the process of getting settled in to the new house. So it's been a hectic couple of months. A little alone time behind the wheel should help reset the vibe.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts

One of my favorite R32 builds ever.
A big thank you to Rain, for putting his trust in me and endless-r and allowing us to make him this car, Thanks mate! I hope your keeping well. (now would be a nice time to write about how much Rain is enjoying the car etc, considering the car was started 3 years ago hehe but its still waiting for him at Endless-R car storage) hehe

come on Rain, この車はもたないよ!...まいど;)

So I will tell you about spec in brief
2700cc full counter engine
Full tuned head
Trust 517Z turbos
6 speed R34 GTR transmission
Painted in KY0 silver (same as Z-tune)
380mm R35 GTR brakes and calipers
part spot welded chassis

Goal was to make a car faster than his Z-tune, for much less money, so 1.5bar boost and jugging from the Nismo clutch giving up, (mentioned further down) I think we did that, and exceeded our own expectations

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Well, I spoiled the surprise. I had to call Chris at Japanese Classics and while we were chatting I had him spill the beans on the Christmas present.

It is, indeed, full documentation on the car. He was able to trace the ownership back an additional step in the car's history and found that the previous-previous owner still had an entire folder of documentation on the car. It was shipped from Japan and will come with the car.

I think this is pretty awesome.

A full modification list was provided - and translated into English for me.

On that list is documentation of every OEM part used in the engine overhaul. It also reveals the transmission was also overhauled to OEM specs. The only upgrades added during the rebuild is a set of Tomei cams (complimented by a Tomei ECU) and a JUN lightweight flywheel.

I've got to say, I'm quite chuffed with the specs and history on this car. Can't wait to take delivery less than 48 hours from now!

Another pic to keep the whiners happy:

This GReddy oil cooler will be a welcome upgrade on-track during the summer here in TX.

·
Supporting Member
257 Posts
****. I just typed out an epic post that took 20 minutes and then I lost it.

No time to retype. Will hopefully do it in a few hours. Sorry, suckas.
:suicide: Been there before... I now type out all epic posts outside of the browser first and then copy and paste to prevent such losses.

·
life is bitch!
2,311 Posts
so did they hire a local to wipe down the engine bay with baby oil or is that a JDM thing too?

81 - 100 of 424 Posts