ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i'm heading out to singapore next week and I was trying to see if there were some JDM part shops nearby, where I could buy used coilovers. I was thinking the proximity to japan might help in terms of finding used parts. if anyone is from there or lives there now please let me know.

·
Registered
106 Posts
B/c of the strict laws against performance upgrades, high cost of cars, and difficulty in keeping a car that's older than 10 years.. it's very difficult to get anything in SG.. I've seen less than a handful of NA and NB Miatas here, usually kept perfectly stock, some nicely done up...

Cars cost about 5 times more here than in the US.. so a Honda Civic is about US$100K... and you're only allowed to drive it for 10 years, at which time you can either junk it or renew your entitlement, which at the moment costs about US$60K or so for another 10 years... so you can imagine how rare a NA miata would be... someone would have to REALLY love it to keep it around for so long...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update: surprisingly I did see a lot of "modified" cars, however, all mods were mostly visual. Almost every civic had a mugen RR treatment, a lot of the fits were also on aftermarket wheels. And yes I found out about the 10 year rule after I got there, i was just hoping of any grey market products, unfortunetly not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts