ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol nice jumping on those jdm side markers guys. i think i had it posted for less then 10 hours in the for sale section.

i got mine the other day. make sure to do a write up how u installed them or whatnot. ill probably get on it this weekend, drill holes but im not sure on the wiring, whether to get them to just light up like the stock markers or maybe function as actually turn signals.

Scott

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I'll have some tomorrow courtesy of Randy (PhatMiata) d(^^d)

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just installed some of the factory ones on my car this past week and will post pics tomorrow but I do know that for mine the hole is more than just a circle that I had to cut out of my fender in order for the clips to clip on. I also wired mine up with relays so that when the parking lights are off the winkers flash on and off and then when the parking lights are turned on the winkers light up and flash off and on (in reverse of normal operation). One of those things that I probably put to much thought into but I guess every little bit counts.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
very easy to install on US-Spec Miatas, all you need is the markers, a hole saw, and that diagram above and you are set!

And yes i would have to agree that the ZOOM Engineering side winkers are the best looking man!!! They are stunning & bright in person. If i could do it over again, i would spend the extra coin and buy the Zoom Versions, check with Metro Motors or Rspeed, as they stock a few sets.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Got mine on recently, the dimensions as posted by JDMAflac are sport on however if you were to use that circle the markers would be about 1/8" lhigher than OEM...I didn`t want to use the circular holesaw method, too loose fitting for my comfort so I made my own template in Autocad and used a dremel to cut out the pattern.

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/index2.htm

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Got mine on recently, the dimensions as posted by JDMAflac are sport on however if you were to use that circle the markers would be about 1/8" lhigher than OEM...I didn`t want to use the circular holesaw method, too loose fitting for my comfort so I made my own template in Autocad and used a dremel to cut out the pattern.

·
CR.net Supporter
350 Posts
I have the zoom ones as well :D :D :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
I got mine from a salvage yard in the UK. The guys were very helpful and I got part of the harness too. I plan to wire it in with the turn signals so they function. Like 90_mx I devised a template in Illustrator for a tighter fit. So far it works using card board and I'm just waiting for warm weather to do the deed.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
I have some aftermarket Japanese markers on the M2, but I want to swap them for the factory items. Unfortunately, I also need the loom sections, because some muppet in Japan has gone crazy with the snips and scotchlocks. :evil:

Anyone have an idea who made these:

·
Registered
490 Posts
If it helps, here is my template. Like I said, I haven't tried this in metal but in a cardboard test it fits just fine. The metal spring clip of the OEM piece fits into the side with the relief cut. Maybe one of those UK guys can pop out their markers and let me know how close my template is to factory.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a template that I made also with the cut line (red) that I followed, I also printed my template on vinyl at work and applied the vinyl with the top of the fender and the side of the fender in line. Then I cut the hole then pulled off the vinyl and there ya have it a perfect hole with precision placement. I also have a copy (in pdf) of the wiring harness diagram that I made and followed to work for the blinker modification.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have never gotten why people want these on their cars, to me they just look like clutter. Maybe im missing out.

How about who has JDM side markers and why do you have them?

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts