ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know this isn't a miata question, but it will help me decide between keeping my RX7 and going ITBs or selling it and going with a miata/itbs.

I know when I emailed you about the microtech you said it was PnP, but my research on RX7club has said otherwise. Without sounding like a jerk, are you certain it is plug and play? I understand that a tune will be necessary, I just dont want to get into wiring.

Also, have you sold the rotary kit to anyone yet? Or had any feed back on it? Jesus Padilla is using that ITB correct? Not necessarily the kit in whole, but the TB part.

My biggest hang up in deciding whether to keep my Streetported/Aux Bridgeported 91 RX7 or sell it for a miata is the wiring. As ridiculous as it may sound. I would feel more comfortable going the RX7 route knowing that someone else had forged that path and that the Microtech didnt require a complete re-wiring of the ECU wiring harness.

Thanks, and sorry for invading a miata site.

BC

·
Registered
902 Posts
BC-The MicroTech is a Wire & Play and not a PNP. You have to tap into all the wires. It is time consuming but not difficult. What pretty much made me decide on the MicroTech is when I was with Kilo(Jesus Padilla) he was showing me the MicroTech wiring and his results on the laptop. It was just like viewing a Play Station. You could see what RPM's he was launching at. Please understand that on his intake/engine his is a custom setup and one thing that I promised to myself is not to share the details. None of my Rotary IRTB kits are on a customers car yet but once I get it on our Rotary Miata I hope that will change. I am using the same hardware as A-RF in Japan for the FujiRacing Rotary IRTB kit. It is a proven kit with many A-RF customers using it in Japan on their RX-7's. My 47mm Rotary TB's/TPS are scheduled to arrive here next week for our Miata. Whenever you have a question let me know and I will assist you.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
this looks like what a PM should be. That said, you not invading the site. Welcome! Hope you stay here longer and fully enjoy the experience!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts