ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been rear ended, so im setting aside some funds for repairs in the worst case scenario.

These are hand made bare fiberglass racing buckets, super lightweight at about 6.5lbs each.
Ordering these are a handful, as getting in contact with the two man team that makes them is a chore. Took over a half a year to receive mine (there service and contact is excellent, it just takes a long time to be lain up).

This particular set is made in a special order clear gel coat that they wont reproduce without lead time in ordering, and at extra expense.

The quality of these seats are great! they are very barebones, but the lay up and reinforcement is all well placed and greatly crafted. very sturdy and form fitting.

This set also has the optional base mount option, which reinforces the bucket and makes for super simple floor mounting with 4 #8 threaded inserts

Will work with any generation miata, rails will need to be made-

Asking $700 for the set

here is the measurement sheet

I will add that these are the smallest model they make, and will not fit everyone! i am a 30 waist, 155lb athletic build with broad shoulders; and i fit comfortably. im thinking the limit may be 34 waist and about 180lbs.

measure yourself according to the chart to see if you will fit before asking me. its written plain as day.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like i said, im a 30 waist, 155lbs, and i fit with some room in the butt to spare.

i think the limit would be about a 34 waist, and 180lbs, as long as your not to chub in the hips

They can stay bare as they were intended for lightweight setup, or jk sells padding kits, or you can make your own!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Where would one go to get covers and or padding made?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you could give a ring to jk composites, they have padding kit readily available in any choice of color or pattern.

Or

take it to an upholstery shop, they could make a pattern for a cover easily, this is a pretty simple seat design

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If someone is seriously interested, i could make a set of vinyl/leather pad sets to match their interior. No cost

Heres a center console i made a short while ago, so you can see my skill level.

It would be a portioned pad set; meaning there would be a pad for your ass, and a pad for your shoulder-to-lowerback area.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will get some bottom end pics on the 9th, im out of town right now. honestly the mounting holes/surface looks similar to the bottom of an oem miata seat, but about 2 inches narrower in width.

the bottom is flat, with an insert at each corner of the bottom mount tub

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
bump for a legit, stand up, and funny dude! was it a hit and run?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ill have some in my build thread on mazdaroadster.net soon

im waiting for the finishing aluminum trim rings for the console set

1 - 20 of 24 Posts