ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
<3's ClubRoadster.
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey CR, just wanted to say .... im so glad to be back :). It took alot longer then i had planned but it is what it is.

For most of the members who don't know who i am , here was my first build thread http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=33990.

With that out of the way, lets get onto the story ...

After i parted out Mia , i used it on a downpayment on a 2011 WRX. Four months later after that, it led to this thread ...
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=50024

I really tried my best to put money aside, and pick up another decent miata and try to swing both ... but i just couldn't. For the past 6 months, day after day i woke up feeling that as much as i loved the wrx ... that it just wasn't necessary for me. After 6 years with my girlfriend - we have been talking alot and dreaming/hoping/wishing about getting a home together. But as everyone knows, hoping gets you no where. You have to work hard and put your foot down to make something happen. So out of all my bills, my car payment/insurance is the only thing i can control at this time. A month ago i decided that it was time. I had my fun buying a new car and being spoiled but it just isnt necessary. The future is more important.

So goodbye to this,

I parted out the WRX, and picked up another Miata. If im going to cut the carpayment out of my life, i atleast needed to buy something that makes me happy. The sale of the WRX actually kinda worked out. I paid 25k for it, put 5k down on it from parting out mia, and then sold it for 22. I basically rented a wrx for 16 months and got my down payment back. Can't really complain.

But enough with boring you guys ... Here is the new car :)

She's a 1994 with 140k , base model. No A/C , No P/S , California Car thats been repainted a few years ago. Cost me $2k. Which to me is a steal compared to alot of cars selling in NJ around here for 4K that aren't as clean.

Im going to be using her as a daily driver until i can find something for 5k to drive in the winter/kinda daily.
I most likely won't be going the drifting route since i already failed at that once. I am just going to see how it goes. I want low, i want clean, and i want ... happiness again. She needs a little love, and thats fine with me. Going to attack the valve cover leak and give it a much better look over in the next few days to get the ball rolling. I didn't take any pictures, but i already put the top on it because it had a hole and we were expecting large rain over the weekend.

Im excited, i really missed these cars. Im looking forward to finding a daily so i can really get moving on this car. I plan to keep this thread as updated as my last , hoping to make some more friends and put some smiles on some faces.

Thanks if you made it this far, it means alot :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: JK's back! .... Better late then never?

I was sorta in the same boat. Shopping around for a ap2 s2k but decided to put the 25k down on a house instead. Bought a miata and never looked back. Best decision I ever made!

·
Banned
3,279 Posts

There was only one "I'm Back thread" of 2012 and it already happened.. it was me.
loljk

Anyway, welcome back, I remember your car from back in the day.. good **** son

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts

And you are??? Just kidding, glad you're back dude. Your old NA was super clean, looking forward to see how this one turns out.

·
Registered
651 Posts

Welcome back! You were one of my inspirations before I even purchased my first miata. Glad your back and i want to see an overhaul on this baby.

·
Registered
651 Posts

BTW is this the one you purchased?

MIATA Convertible 5 Speed $35001990 Miata Convertible 5 Speed 190k Miles Engine has lots of power brand new tires and brakes , Body work just done no accidents on it , interior needs some tlc if intere
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/3155346582.html

·
<3's ClubRoadster.
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

welcome back, homie. a part of me was hoping to see another mariner :)
good luck with the build, lookin forward to it
Thank you, i had my eyes open for one but believe it or not - all 3 i found were freaking auto!

I was sorta in the same boat. Shopping around for a ap2 s2k but decided to put the 25k down on a house instead. Bought a miata and never looked back. Best decision I ever made!
That makes me feel good hearing that, truly. Alot of people keep questioning about why get rid of the wrx, blah blah blah. For once, i feel my future finally means something.

There was only one "I'm Back thread" of 2012 and it already happened.. it was me.
loljk

Anyway, welcome back, I remember your car from back in the day.. good **** son
Haha, im not here to step on any toes buddy, you can keep the title :).

But thank you.

Still can't get over those hub caps... :p
Shush you, they will be gone soon as i can snag me some wheels.

And you are??? Just kidding, glad you're back dude. Your old NA was super clean, looking forward to see how this one turns out.
Hahaha, im the same nobody ive always been. :mrgreen: , and thank you. Im not sure this build will be as wild as the last one, but it will be a build none the less .

Welcome back! You were one of my inspirations before I even purchased my first miata. Glad your back and i want to see an overhaul on this baby.
That means alot to me, it really does. Im not sure its going to get the overhaul the last one did, but we will see. Ill do what i can... and where in jersey are you?

BTW is this the one you purchased?

MIATA Convertible 5 Speed $35001990 Miata Convertible 5 Speed 190k Miles Engine has lots of power brand new tires and brakes , Body work just done no accidents on it , interior needs some tlc if interehttp://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/3155346582.html
No that has more miles, and mine was in south jersey. Same silly hubcaps though.

How did you get 5 stud wheels to fit?

Welcome! Was a rather big fan of your mariner NA actually.
It was easy! I just put four lugs in it instead of 5. 5x100 easily becomes 4x100 using this method! But thank you :)

phillyb™;1291041 said:

You know, i thought the same thing. My english fails me periodically.

·
Old Threads > New Threads
618 Posts
Great to see you back! I was a little sad to see it wasn't another Mariner, but still looking forward to what you do with this one! Loved what you did with Mia, and if that is any indication of where this is going we're in for a treat.

·
<3's ClubRoadster.
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great to see you back! I was a little sad to see it wasn't another Mariner, but still looking forward to what you do with this one! Loved what you did with Mia, and if that is any indication of where this is going we're in for a treat.
Thank you very much buddy, i do appreciate it. I tried to find a mariner, but they were all auto. Can't turn down white though, i love white. :icon_cheers:

As for the updates, i know i havent had any but here is a quick one i guess ...
Im having trouble finding a daily driver, so the miata is covering the duties for now. I decided that ill tackle the things that bother me about the car now while im driving it to get the ball rolling.

Stupid metal shift knob with torn up boot had to go, along with the droopy floppy steering wheel. So as of today .... steering wheel, hub adapter, shift knob and boot ordered. Pictures will come when they get here!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Noice, and state of the art wheels too. Can't wait to see how this one comes out. Welcome back!

·
<3's ClubRoadster.
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its about time!!! :D Good to see you back here man! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Your blue NA was too cool :D
Thanks shadow! Cars looking great by the way, its been awhile!

Noice, and state of the art wheels too. Can't wait to see how this one comes out. Welcome back!
Haha, the hubcaps are gone as of now - either someone stole one or it fell off ... so they are all off now .

But here is a small update!

Shift knob, boot and steering wheel came in. Hub adapter is still on its way ...

Out with the old junk!

In with the new!

Tilly inspecting the box ...
If you dont remember, this was tilly inspecting the boxes during my last build!

And most importantly .... what was in the box!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Loved the old school wheels on your last car. Good luck with this one man.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts