ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joey's loooong road to a track car build

What's up guys, I am fairly new here and wanted to start a thread mostly just to track my sure to be slow build. Im from the Philly area and am a full time student so blah blah its gonna be a slow processes. Sorry if this is kind of messy looking and long as well.
I bought the car and it looked like this the day I took it home.

Its a 95 R model that has had the front lip ripped off and half of the rear lip. It had 93k on it and One of the cool things it had though despite it being faded is a Bilstien badge given from the factory that the og owner placed on the trunk.
The car was basically stock with a jackson racing cat back, kybs and jackson springs. The owner was selling the car cheap because there was a loud rotational noise while driving and he assumed it was a major problem. Ended up just being an axle. Cheap fix. the right front fender was also crushed in so it makes it look like I rolled my one fender with a sledge hammer. I did not have much budget to work with so I bought it with the intentions of using what i could from my old car (1986 z31 turbo) to the new car.

Ended up just being the wheels and my nardi which was enough for me. Luckily my friend had a pair set of Re01R's from his 2002 that I was able to throw on the sportmaxes. At this point the car is kinda low at least to hold me off. It dropped a bit more after doing all of the poly suspension bushings. The shitty part is I have been hit twice and have gotten nothing out of it so the car looks like ****. The one time was by a drunk lady in the city.
Destroyed my finish pannel.
The other was while I was out my car got backed in to at a friends and no one left a note or anything. (huge dent in rear quarter).

The only things I have done have been
clean the piss out of it
A few interior pieces to make it look a bit nicer inside

Maintenance stuff that I have run in to
Prothane kit. Poly motor mounts.
Racing beat end links.
About to order frame rail braces from FM because my car feels like a floppy mess (though all of the urethane helped a ton.)

Near Future plans consist of getting my body straighetned out. Ie fix the rear quarter, new fenders, bumper and rear finish panel.
Roll bar is top priority at this point followed by frog arms, coils, hard top and literally everything as you guys know. These lists never end.
Random Pics..

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Sucks about getting hit so much. I know how that feels, people just don't respect other people's property :/

Should clean up nice with the body work!

Poly bushings are cool, big improvement over stock worn out bushings..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Joey's loooong road to a track car build

Finally some updates. Got some 15x8 6uls and rs3s as well as a black bird bar. Have tons of other stuff on there too that you can't see but certainly make the car feel better. About to ad some motor craft fluid to the trans tomorrow and seem weld the doors next week hopegully.
Here's the only pic I have. I need a camera...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same bar on the way!

Pearl white?!
It's more of just a gloss white but what a bar it is! You'll love it. I'm really stoked to have some people on the east cost replying black bird. I think the bars are awesome

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought I would drop in here. Looks good so far. I'm really liking the roll bar and wheels. Is there any track time in the future for this car?
Thanks dude, I appreciate it. Right now that is certainly the plan. It is just a matter of when. It's my only car for now so I'm trying to so everything I can go get it ready without forgetting its my only car. My plan is to have it completely ready to track by next spring with the intent of having a second car. We will see. I'm gonna update this ad much as possible

·
Registered
416 Posts
Man that roll bar is nice, hows the rear visibility for you?

·
Roll Bar God
2,172 Posts
Nice!
I have a feeling I know where you got this bar, I believe it was one of the group buy bars that the owner parted the car out or so, wasn't it?
If it is the one I'm thinking about, it is indeed gloss White, while the one that Joe has on order here is Pearl White... the pearl effect is hard to see in pics but if you saw them side by side you'll see a major difference.

The rear visibility of the Blackbird Fabworx roll bars is better than other bars because of the way they are designed :)

Moti

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice!
I have a feeling I know where you got this bar, I believe it was one of the group buy bars that the owner parted the car out or so, wasn't it?
If it is the one I'm thinking about, it is indeed gloss White, while the one that Joe has on order here is Pearl White... the pearl effect is hard to see in pics but if you saw them side by side you'll see a major difference.

The rear visibility of the Blackbird Fabworx roll bars is better than other bars because of the way they are designed :)

Moti
Moti,
You are certainly right. I was lucky enough to be able to find one some what local right around the time I got the money together to order a bar. I couldn't be happier. Very excited to be able to represent blackbird on the east cost.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice to see your cars coming along. I feel your pain about the bad luck though, my 95 had 91k miles and pooped out on me (timing belt went) so its been sitting in the parking lot for 2 months. Finally fixing it this weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Small update:
I ordered some alignment stuff for my alignment next week.
Super pro manual rack bushings
New lower ball joints
Upper urethane ball joint boots
Super now tie rod ends

I can not wait to get all of this stuff on with a proper alignment.

Yesterday I headed up to Hershey for the annual Porsche swap meet. If any one is close to Hershey and loves Porsches this is a must. The swap is amazing and then you go to the parking lot and there are 500-1000 Porsches to just drool over all day. There are also tons of universal parts as well at a great deal. In fact I was able to find my dream seat. It is way out of fia rating but it has some amazing history. It was in an original Porsche rs factory car for most of its life and had a great home apparently. None e less the awesome owner told me I could have it with the harness for $250. I was so stoked.
On to some pictures.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts