ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yup it did piss me off.

You can ask a question to someone passing the laws and even they dont know why and just talk to talk amd make no sense.

As of cabs, a million dollars for a medalion is ridiculous. I believe the cabs should just register themselves as a taxi (same price as registering your own car) put taxi on it and work for themselves. People would be much happy. Whats the point of the medalion? When you have insurance.

·
Super Moderator
2,770 Posts
The point of the medallion is to keep small guys with 1 car off the road, and to keep the money in the big companies pockets. They won't tell you, but I would bet that the big few Taxi companies are price gouging, and without the small companies to compete, nobody knows any better. They just accept that the price is the price and do not consider that if there was more competition amongst cabbies, the fares would be lower.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Gee golly, with all these laws I now feel safe from my fellow citizens, but not from the cops.
Things from my youth that my kids will never know:

• The exhiliration of riding in the back of a pick-up truck on a hot summer night.
  • Riding a bike without a helmet (or skateboard, scooter etc...)
  • Playing army during school recess (OMG! little johnny pointed his finger and said "bang"!).
  • Lemonade stands and other general childhood enterprise (I assume offering to mow a lawn for $5 will now require a business license, criminal background check and proof of liability/worker's compensation insurance).
I barely recognize the country I grew up in any more :(.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow im kind of speechless at how rediculous that was, makes me want to move out of the U.S.... Time for some rhd goodness!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Fox News did something good for once. This really solidifies my view that we need a third party.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
2,770 Posts
Wow im kind of speechless at how rediculous that was, makes me want to move out of the U.S.... Time for some rhd goodness!
The problem with this idea is that almost every other industrialized nation is just as bad or worse than the US. The only free countries are the third world and I'm not ready to give up what we do have to go there.

We are really growing up to late in my opinion. In the past if you didnt like what was going on, you could actually move where nobody else was. Or you could overthrow your government. Look at the middle east now, several countries are trying to reform but have literally every major country telling them what to do. Do you really believe they will turn out any better than they are now? The only choices left end up with you taking the lesser of two evils.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
A third party will do nothing.

And this is the cycle. How was our country started again???

oh yea people fed up with bullshit taxes haha that our government now has. We just need change everything.

It will eventually happen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
178 Posts
Its the some on this side of the pond but like someone already said. There is no first world country that isn't filled with bullshit "laws" that gets voted through by governments bought by "donations" from private companies.

It will get worse before it gets better, thats for sure. But at some point the people will put their foot down and all hell will break loose. Question is wether its or not its gonna happen before we hit year 2100.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The problem is its so hard to change this. We elected all of the people that are writing and passing these new laws. Of course when they were elected they didnt say they were going to do this, but when they gain power they do what they have to to keep it and think only of themselves and making more money. I dont see this changing anytime soon...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts