ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Joint meet BBQ - Tampa, FL - March 31st

I'm entertaining the thought of holding a multi-club picnic (similar to the Fort De Soto event last year) on March 31st.

I'm currently talking to Yellow Yata of Port Charlotte & Thumper of Orlando to give them a heads up. Especially if the Orlando group wants to make a fun run on the way down.

Location is:

Al Lopez Park
4810 North Himes Avenue
Tampa, FL

There's plenty of parking and BBQ grills.

In addition to food, I can bring a football, a basketball & possibly a frisbee (if I can find it).

Any thoughts, suggestions or concerns?

·
Supporting Member
1,303 Posts
Is this a better place than the park on Courtney Campbell ( spelling not my strong point ) ? I'd like a spot that's got good scenery as a back ground for pics. If is of any interest my friend owns the Mandalay grill on Clearwater Beach.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think so.

1) there is more shade (it's about non-existent at Ben T Davis Beach or Cypress Point Park).
2) There are more facilities.
3) It's free parking (it's metered at Ben T. Davis. There's not much parking at Cypress Point P)
4) Mandalay Grill in Clearwater Beach is far from the highway. And parking sucks at Clearwater Beach.

Both Ben T Davis Beach & Cypress Point Park are by the water and are 10 minutes away from Al Lopez if you want a place to take photos afterwards.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm listeneing ... what kind of time frame are you pondering
March 31st. A Saturday. Probably 10a-whenever.

You Orlando guys can do your fun run (optional, of course) and get here around lunch time. The Gearheads & the Tampa crew can start a little earlier.

We'll be at the park until whenever.

And if anyone wants to shoot some photos, we can make sure there's time to drive over by the water and get that done.

·
Supporting Member
1,303 Posts
Well,sounds like you have a good feel for where we need to be. Count me in and I will pm the O- Town locals to set up a run.....10 am may be a wee bit early,so will just have to be fashionably late. You may want to start a sign up list and ask people what they can bring re:food and drinks.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
I won't be able to make it if its set for Saturday. Sucks.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thumper, that is fine. If you guys do a run, we probably won't expect you until around lunchtime.

I won't be able to make it if its set for Saturday. Sucks.
As much as it sucks not to be able to have you. Even if I move the date to Sunday, I'm sure someone somewhere will be left out.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
Oh please make it for Sunday...

·
who cares
609 Posts
Not sure if I will be able to go but Sunday would also be my best shot to go. Seems like I always work the Saturday's when these events happen.

·
Supporting Member
1,303 Posts
I believe I saw Yata posting the 31st over at Gearhead nation. Not sure where El Dodo got that date from but a Saturday or Sunday will work for me. I kind of like the earlier starting time.

AFC please start up a sign in list. This one is your idea ( I like it ) Somebody will always be pissed at the date and time so go ahead and set the date.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, here's the sign up list so we can an idea of a head count and what people can bring.

btw, anyone remember that asparagus recipe that Turbo Miata did last time?

1. afc2112 - plates, cups, 2 ltr soda & hot dogs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, here's the sign up list so we can an idea of a head count and what people can bring.

btw, anyone remember that asparagus recipe that Turbo Miata did last time?

1. afc2112 - plates, cups, 2 ltr soda & hot dogs
Yes, it's asparagus, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt. Cut about one inch off the bottom of the asparagus. Coat the asparagus in the olive oil and sprinkle the sea salt on top before putting on the grill. Place on the grill perpendicular to the grill slits and rotate after about four to five minutes. Take off the grill after about eight minutes. Asparagus with larger stalks cook better. :cool:

I'll probably show up. :lol:

All my grilling recipes I found in Weber's Real Grilling book http://www.amazon.com/Webers-Real-Grilling-Original-Recipes/dp/0376020466/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330753019&sr=8-1

·
Supporting Member
1,303 Posts
Oh sweetie,AFC ya wanna pic a date :phillyb: Don't mind me I'm enjoying my joint while thinking about a BBQ ! I just noticed your first post March 31st,excuse me it's either my sometimers,my happy pills,or the joint,anyway I'm am looking forward to a good time arranged by somebody else :D If you need any help PM me.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1. Arvin / afc2112 - Plates, cups, hot dogs
2. Thumper13- burgers and buns
3. dropped top - chips
4. Gerry - Cookies
5. ctrench - hd buns, cups

Here's the address again, in case anyone needs it.

Al Lopez Park
4810 North Himes Avenue
Tampa, FL

1 - 20 of 45 Posts