ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Can't sleep and I had the wheels turning a bit, but first things first, let me introduce myself. My name is Josue (Josh in english). For those of you who can't pronounce Josue, you can call me Jo. I'm 22 years old and live in the Inland Empire.

A little history: edited...

My thoughts: I've come to notice that the further East we get from Los Angeles, the further we get from getting help for our cars :( We need a place to work on our cars, for cheap/free, and more local to us IE guys. I've never been to Garage Woolery, but I've heard nothing but great things. Right tools, right equipment, right help. Everything you would need to get your car running perfectly. It's like an oasis for a car enthusiast. Even has cool cars to look at :mrgreen:

Well, I'm nothing compared to Garage Woolery :oops:, I am not as knowledgeable as Mr. Woolery, nor do I even have a garage. I guess I should have mentioned that part earlier. It's more of a large open area. So work would have to be done on clear days. I'm just looking to lend a helping hand for those who need tools and a work area. I guess it would be ideal for small jobs (suspension swaps, brakes, oil changes, etc). With the tools I do have, I've been able to complete a few engine swaps, a grip of suspension swaps, transmission swap, clutch job, and the common things we do to miatas. Sometimes I borrow tools from friends, or I improvise.

Beginning next year, members can come through and work on their cars here, as long as I'm around. Let it be known that I don't have the greatest tool set!! But I manage. All I expect is for you to treat the area with respect, as well as the tools you use, and the annoying little dogs you'll see. Please be honest and man up to anything you break or lose. And please don't steal. Donations will be greatly appreciated. Whether it be cash or tools, anything that is helpful is appreciated. If you have any questions or wanna set up a time to work on your car, PM me.

-Jo

PS, below are some pics so you'll have an idea about what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
That is very awesome of you to lend ur area out. Im sure who ever lives in a apartment will love this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looks nice and roomy ! Im thankful for people like you and Woolery for being as generous you guys are, it sucks trying to do things when you have no room due to living in an apartment. Will for sure support this.

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know there aren't that many guys out here, but for the few that are, I hope we can get a local meet also. I don't think I even made it to 1 kinod this year. Might be a bit of laziness, but something local would be nice. The only local meet I went to had a lot of FWD... lol. A roadster meet would be cool. With mexican food! Hahaha

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know Josue and he is a chill guy who loves go work on cars. The work area is more than enough room to work on your cars. If you need a helping hand on any projects or need any tools let me know.

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Supporting Member
1,269 Posts
werd up Jo, Ham does the same with his garage for the SD peeps. Very generous of you, keeps the community tight and educated. give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. TEACH them how to fish...you know how it goes.

if a Garage Josue Tech Day ever pops up NOT concurrent with one from Garage Woolery...i'll make it there to help out and also spread the BBQ goodness.

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm waiting for warmth to come back. I hate working in the cold. And hopefully I get to do some work on my car this coming year. New parts (hoping for another supercharger), suspension, and a few other mods.
BBQ goodness sounds good man. thanks!

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its alright.

THIS ILLEGAL! THAT ILLEGAL! NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE!? WHAT IS THIS ATROCITY?! ARREST THIS MAN
True story. I received a 'no front plate" ticket a couple weeks ago. Wait, it gets better... It's not a fix it ticket...its $78!!! But wait, theres more!!I wasn't in the car. The car wasn't even moving, it was parked outside! Ticket was given at 9am... I noticed it at 5pm when I finally decided to go out....

·
Deez Nuts
1,596 Posts
Sweet, I will bring Papa Johns and you can install my MP62.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts