ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is my '93 MX5 with 15x9 ET0 Rota Grid V with Toyo Proxes T1-R 225/45-R15. Got Jubiride's and they make the car 90-100 mm wider in total. Did do alot of cutting and welding in the body to make them sit tight (see my thread for detailed pictures).

On the photos the car sits on springs, but I got HSD coilovers in the garage. I shouldn't sit here and write, but be out there changing to coilovers. ;)

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
^Looks fresh, but dual exhaust on NA or NB just doesn't do it for me^

·
Juve per sempre
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Gawd, all of that looks awesome. The Jubride flares seems like they run higher on the fender than autokonexion or others, can anyone confirm? They definitely have a certain look to them, very sexy on larger size tires/wheels, and that S2 rear bumper...oh man 0_0
Hey man, I can only comment vs stock fender line. It's been so long since I mounted them, but from my memory and photos I think the front is a little bit higher then the stock fender line, and the rear are about the same as stock fender line. With most miata's running a slightly higher rear they end up pretty much even.

The s2racing rear is very nice, though it lacks the bodyline which I don't like.

Here's a photo of mine with the same wheels (15x9 +0) but with new tires, 225/45-15 bfg rivals which is a good bit narrower then the r888s:

versus this:

As you can see(not that easily, I'll try to get better shots to show it), the r888s very pretty much square with little or no strech, the BFGs however have a little strech on the 9". So more space/less flush.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I had Jubiride flares, changed them up for tuckin99 N2 flares, which I'm now looking to sell for something better :p.
Sadly no pics of the Jubiride's on my car but they looked pretty cool mocked up.
Now they're on a fellow dutch forum members car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Vegard you may be the best to ask and Im sure Ive asked before but why dont the Jubis as well as others not go all the way down and stop higher up on the wheel opening? I love the Jubride profile but I would sure like them to come down the wheel opening farther. Tuckins do and AWR does but they are just too wide for me to consider. They look great mind you just too much for me.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
They are fiberglass so with some work you can make them look like that. Finding a way to fasten them down that far will be another issue

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Bought some jubiride's flares and honestly the fitment and quality is crap. At the price they sell those, I thought they would be vacuum bagged but there were the cheapest hand laid quality. Also, the right side front and rear were fitting ok but the left side front and read were terrible. I put both sides flares side by side and there were not the same length nor thickness.

Extremely disappointed by those.

·
Juve per sempre
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I can agree to an extent, the quality isn't great.

For me the thing they have going for them is the profile, they simply look better then the rest of what's available, at least at that size point. And retail is only 42000 which equals $430ish, which is hardly lots, what they're being sold for is something else.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Don't get me started on the fitment - I spent hours heat cycling these to get them they way I wanted. I still had to make a reverse mold with a urethane-like lip and extension to get them perfect. They look great, but, buyer be warned. These will drive you crazy trying to fit them. I think they're the best looking flares on the market, however.

For you Vegard.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Glad you guys agree! I didn't mean to bash the Jubiride company being also a body parts manufacturer but I just wanted people to know what they will buy. I did read a lot of reviews before getting them and the fitment didn't seem that bad but in reality...

I agree though, the shape is really nice!

Oh and Corey & Vegard, your Miatas look amazing. Damn I wish mine was half as clean!!!

41 - 60 of 74 Posts