ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next meet will be in Irvine/OC for all the people down there who don't want to drive or couldn't make it. It's your turn to host a meet. :D

July 14th, 2006
Friday - 8pm
Need new locations

Start scouting locations close to the freeways, no cops or rent-a-cops and maybe a few food joints around the area.

I've heard Irvine Police are really strict but i'm sure we can find a place in the OC or beach area if Irvine is not doable.

We should alternate and rotate locations every week unless Krispey Kreme is good for everyone.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Re: June 14th, 2006 Irvine/OC Meet

You might want to change your topic name, since June has already passed. Just trying to help prevent some confusion.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
K1speed in Irvine just opened this week. Its off Jamboree at the 405. they have a big parking lot and we could get some karting in too...

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts

Sorry i'm still stuck in June #-o

How do i change topic name? any mods want to help me out?
Just edit your first post and change the subject line.

·
Registered
12 Posts

k1speed sounds like it may be good. I never heard of it before, but I'll go check it out today if i have time. Me and my friend had a few other locations in mind. I'll take a few pictures and we can decide on them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
i drove 120 miles round trip for the last meet so i'm down for wherever. is k1 speed the one boris said owns?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Theres also Best Buy in the Tustin Market Place. Its right of the 5, there is already an EVO meet there on thursdays. the cops and rent a cops are already used to the comotion. Theres In&out, Koo Koo Roos, Carls Jr. The parkiong lot is huge to. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i drove 120 miles round trip for the last meet so i'm down for wherever. is k1 speed the one boris said owns?
he is one of the owners, yes. he designed the tracks too. I was there before it opened, so I have never raced there before, but it is friggin huge. Its out of the way of most strip malls, and we would actually be customers if we were there to race, so no cops would try and run you off. For me, it would be great if it wasn't on a friday night. I'm usually not doing car stuff then. A week night, or Satuday during the day would be best for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Drove down to k1speed last night.

It was pretty desolate in the surrounding area. Nice open road though. There was a white NB parked there too :p. To be honest though I didn't really like it. It might be fun if we actually went inside and raced but I dont think we want to pay 20 bucks to race little scooters when we can take a nice group drive in our miatas. PCH drive is probably the best.

I really think it would be a lot more fun to meet for like 10 minutes and get everyone together, but then take a nice relaxing group ride through PCH.

We could meet up here in the lord's parking lot: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=mariners+church+near+irvine&ie=UTF8&ll=33.632775,-117.834747&spn=0.001251,0.001829&t=k&om=1
:mrgreen:
And we'll navigate through newport coast highway and hit highway 1/pch. I did this today and I had a lot of fun. Went south on pch and down to laguna beach.

·
Registered
299 Posts
guys im down for this friday. let me know when and were as long as its after 6pm im there i work till 430 and irvine is about 2 hours away from me. im down.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
have you driven K1's karts? you will get more excitement driving those than you will a miata in orange county. I had intentions of going inside to drive, but you are right - if thats not what you're doing, then there isn't a point in meeting there.

A PCH drive in the summer to me sounds like stop and go traffic weaving around all the tourists. I'll probably bail if it is a cruise on a friday night. If it's karting and shooting the sh!t about cars in the parking lot, I'm down...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts