ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, so you'll have to excuse me if it isn't.
Today I picked up a '91 NA Miata, with 170k on the odometer. I paid $2,000, but the previous owner just replaced the top, added 4 brand new Toyo tires, and (regretfully) added a style bar.
Plus, here in Portland it's hard to find a clean NA Miata that runs straight, which this one thankfully does.

After driving home today, there's some obvious things I need to fix that I'm looking for some advice on.

-While turning, there's a really apparent sloshing noise from the passenger side. After doing some searching around the forum, this appears to be a problem with door seal drainage. I checked under the car and noticed what I'm assuming to be the drainage holes, but can't seem to figure out how to unclog it with such tiny holes. There's quiet a bit of junk in each hole. Any advice here?

-The exterior paint has some bad peeling issues. I was thinking about sanding the peeling area's down to base, and then applying bondo, primer, and respraying with rattle can silver (matched to paint code) and clear coat. I know this isn't profesional and won't fix the problem but for the moment it's all I can afford being a college student. I'll only be driving this for around 7 months, so would this be an okay fix? My dad is a commercial painter and owns a spray gun, but I'd rather not sand down the entire car because the paint is actually in good condition.

Also, what sort of things should I change immediately to extend the reliability. I'd like to add engine mods and suspension mods but I think practicality should really come first here.
Another thing, what are some really cheap DIY mods I can do to the interior an exterior. I like the door card mod, anything else?
I really appreciate your help guys, looking forward to getting to know everyone.

I'll upload pictures of the peeling paint tomorrow and pictures of her being clean.
In the previous owners driveway, first time seeing it!

Vacuuming her out.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
the sloshing is trapped water from people jacking it up in the wrong spot on the pinchweld and bending it, it can be drained by shoving a flathead screw driver in the bent holes on your pinchweld and moving it back and forth. takes 5min.

i always wanted a silver miata :[ looks pretty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts