ClubRoadster.net banner
101 - 120 of 120 Posts
Discussion starter · #103 ·
So it’s been a while since posting here but a lot has gone down recently so I figured I’d document here, a few months ago the car died randomly on the highway and wouldn’t restart after towing it home and some diag time I found the timing belt had snapped I figured I would pull the motor and take care of a bunch of leaks and what not, then Greg peters made me think differently now the plan is vvt swap as well as Rotrex super charger, got the super charger now just tracking down the right motor to buy and build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #104 ·
Well today I managed to make a deal with a salvage shop today and picked up a 2001 nb Miata with 131k on the clock, can’t wait to get the engine plucked out and torn down

It's VVT boys!
Shame to see that NB getting gutted, it's damn near mint!

Although... I can't help but feel that Rotrex does not look like a supercharger...

Discussion starter · #106 ·
I agree the car is super clean other then quarter wheel house and rear body but pieces will live on in other cars, and the rotrex is like a glorified belt driven turbo lol

Discussion starter · #107 ·
Got the motor pulled out of the parts car and started tearing it down need to get myself and engine stand so I can continue a little easier, feels good making progress on this project!!

Discussion starter · #108 ·
Got the rest of the parts car stripped, cut up and disposed of and then went and picked up another shell that was in really good shape for only 300!!

Discussion starter · #113 ·
About that much mirrored on the other side and then boxing the strut towers and not a crazy tuck but I’m also deleting the pop ups and going with projectors in the turn signals to make it a little lighter out front

Discussion starter · #114 ·
So I realized that October 4th is a really fun track day out at high plains raceway that being said I decided to try and throw some parts at the silver Miata and out the motor back in and with any luck go racing!

Discussion starter · #115 ·
Made a lot of progress today full brake job new axles fuel filter oil catch can motor back in and running still have a lot to do before Sunday’s track day but I think I got it[emoji1598]

Discussion starter · #118 ·
Sooo the track day went absolutely great and I didn’t have to touch a single tool to the car all day, I went there with a goal of a 2:23 and ended up leaving with a 2:17.08 car was everything I could ask for

So after the day at the track I’ve been giving some thought about power goals on the white car and I’ve decided that the rotrex c30-74 won’t reach those power goals so why not throw it on the silver car and a have a little fun in the mean time!

101 - 120 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.