ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry bout the noob question but I need to know weather I should have picked up the steel adapter part that held the steering wheel to the axle thingy bit that looks like this

It was installed in a Dihatsu K type van in a junk yard and the hub bit wasn't a milled billet looking type but a plain factory looking yellowish galvanized steel item ...

I thought it wasnt so important since I scored the actual wheel ...also didnt have a removal tool etc.

Is this part important ,is it worth buying the removal tool and driving back to the junk yard???

Thanks ahead !!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the wheel and I got the knob free in the deal also ...its genuine wood (dont know the brand)

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will sell this ...I wonder how hard it will be to sell...

thanks for that David48 ...saved me from going back to remove it

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my nardi from my other car fitted straight onto the momo hub on my mx5 ..
think there a multifitment hub.
Hmmm OK might see if I can grab the thing Im starting to change my mind kinda...
The wheel I wanted was a wooden Momo this exact one

Its for sale locally for about $50 ...no idea what model ...anyone?

There is a for sale section here yes?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are some Japanese ones here that are cheap and look OK (I'm no expert)

I'm not sure where they are made...re badged Chinese item Japanese package???

If they were Jap made it would be of decent quality

·
Registered
524 Posts
As far as non-quick release hubs are concerned, price is a very unreliable indicator of quality. Based on a recommendation from another member of this forum, I gambled $12.95 on this hub:

http://www.k2motor.com/qbhubor18.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse

Turns out it's a HKB OR18 hub, though the ad has a photo of a generic hub. Like a lot of products these days, there is probably one or two factories somewhere in Asia cranking these out. The "racing shop" has them packaged in their box, and the item is priced accordingly. The words Hyper, Mega, JDM and a few others I forget right now are, I'm sure, worth a few extra bucks when printed on the box.

I seriously doubt there's any functional, aesthetic, or safety difference between my $12.95 cast aluminum hub and somebody elses $129.50 cast aluminum hub. If there is, I'm all ears and I certainly want to hear about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts