ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i ordered my wheels 15x8 in black with 0 offset and they are backordered for about two weeks so i have time to look for rubber. it will be only dd for a while until i get my motor setup figured out. but i live on back roads that like good traction to keep up with me. the fenders will be rolled and the car sits on tein springs and will eventually see tein coilovers.
what width can i run easily with minimal rubbing. i've read that some people have had blow outs on over streched rims, now does that mean exploded or just drops flat faster when you get "nailed".
what companies are better than others for the strech the guy at c2auto said i would want something that was "soft" to take to the strech.

·
Registered
147 Posts
kumho ecsta mx, falken azenis RT 616, or what i just got Hankook Ventus Z211 for $95 a piece.

not my daily driver tire though, but we'll see how they work.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just ordered some 002 in gunmetal as well and they are coming with Lexani Nexen N3000 tires. I heard they are big in Japan but not well known here.

·
CR.net Supporter
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just ordered the rubber from performanceplustire.com
pretty good deal 270 shipped
hankook ventus HRII H405 195/50/r15

·
Registered
149 Posts
dont get 205s... i have 205s all around and front rub like a mother. I can't turn without causing stares from other drivers or looks from neighbors. haha

·
CR.net Supporter
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are in the mail. tire order had to be changed to toyo proxy 4's cause of back order. and new 1.8 liter rotors and hawk pads from planet miata also on the way.

yeah car will finally be reasonably "cool"

·
Registered
98 Posts
No he "curbed" it.

Turns101 has been tracking his car with sportmax on. No problems so far.

As long as you dont hit anything hard its ok. Out of 100 sets of 002 I've sold, i havent gotten any complaints about the wheel shattering like that.

Like I said in the other thread, any wheel that gets hit hard like that is destroyed.

·
CR.net Supporter
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
a good place to buy the 002's would be c2auto.com very good prices, friendly staff, and awesome product selection beyond wheels.

·
Registered
831 Posts
No he "curbed" it.

Turns101 has been tracking his car with sportmax on. No problems so far.

As long as you dont hit anything hard its ok. Out of 100 sets of 002 I've sold, i havent gotten any complaints about the wheel shattering like that.

Like I said in the other thread, any wheel that gets hit hard like that is destroyed.
don't get me wrong, i love the wheels, and i drift with them as much, or my than jeff. The materials they are manufactured from are just not the best...this is why you pay 100$ a wheel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts