ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Looks like some knock-offs, possibly rebadged.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Depends on the valving. My GAB Super HP's share a very similar if not the same case as the AGX but by all reports have different valving.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
AGXs were originally GAB shocks manufactured under licence for the North American market. For many years, Kayaba Europe could not supply these shocks to UK consumers. The original AGXs sold in the UK came in via Flyin Miata, and were not covered by a KYB warranty.

In Japan, a lot of aftermarket shocks sold are revalved KYBs. The adjustble KYBs sold in Japan were not the same as AGXs (though in the last couple of years, the range has been rationalised).

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
AGXs were originally GAB shocks manufactured under licence for the North American market. For many years, Kayaba Europe could not supply these shocks to UK consumers. The original AGXs sold in the UK came in via Flyin Miata, and were not covered by a KYB warranty.

In Japan, a lot of aftermarket shocks sold are revalved KYBs. The adjustble KYBs sold in Japan were not the same as AGXs (though in the last couple of years, the range has been rationalised).
+1
you'll notice that kind of cross pollination alot. alot more than you might realize.

it also took me for ever to find out Kayaba was kyb because my mechanic was the only one who I ever heard said it.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I was used to seeing Kayaba on moto-x bikes so it took me a while to realize that KYB = Kayaba, too. Mazdaspeed also sells some rebranded KYB shocks painted green. I'm not sure how the valving compares to KYB AGX. Any suspension gurus have dyno plots of both?

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Thge wording of the ad makes it clear these are not the same as AGXs. Whereas the AGX will not affect ride height, the "Greddy" items lower the car by 1"/25mm; either odd shock body, or the perch has been repositioned

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmn these are interesting Id try them out, but they have already been used like ~20k miles

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Is 20K a lot a use for shocks? My KYB AGX have about 100K and no signs of leakage and the dampening is still very tight. Please enlighten....

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not really just depends on the driver before, If I get shocks Id just rather try to get new if I could, but thats just me. Not to mention the springs there with, and the roads that the shocks see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts